Urethritis folk remedies
Treatment of urethritis with folk remedies gives good results, despite the fact that it is recommended as an additional therapy. The purpose of the procedures is to eliminate the infection, restore the normal functioning of the urinary organs, and improve the general condition of the patient.
Types and symptoms of urethritis
The type of disease depends on the cause of the inflammation of the urethra:
- specific - provoke sexually transmitted infections,
- nonspecific - caused by bacteria of pathogenic microflora.
The differences between the symptoms of acute specific and nonspecific urethritis are not pronounced. Common signs of urological pathology include:
- pain during urination
- unpleasant smell of urine,
- inflammation, redness and gluing of the edges of the external opening of the urethra,
- impurities of blood and purulent threads in urine.
External herbal treatment
Medicinal herbs for urethritis in women or men help no worse than pharmaceuticals, because they have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
The following recipes of alternative medicine showed good effectiveness:
- 10 g of oak bark is brewed with 1 cup of boiling water. The container with the infusion is carefully wrapped and left for 1 hour. Over time, the composition is poured into a pan, brought to a boil and heated for 15 minutes over low heat, then filtered. Use a cooled infusion for baths and lotions with urethritis.
- Sedentary baths will also help with the treatment. 30 g of chamomile brew 1 liter of boiling water, put in a water bath and warm for 10 minutes. The resulting infusion is filtered and poured into the basin. Dilute with warm water. The duration of the procedure is 15-20 minutes. The same baths for the treatment of urethritis can be done with infusions of nettle, celandine, oak bark or willow, and hemorrhage.
- An effective remedy with anti-inflammatory properties is sage. For the preparation of infusion 2 tbsp. l herbs pour 1 cup boiling water and insist 3 hours. Strained infusion is used for lotions.
- A good folk remedy that can be used with urethritis for douching and baths is the collection of chamomile, calendula and celandine. All plants are taken in equal proportions. To prepare the infusion, 3 tbsp. l collecting fall asleep in a thermos, pour 1 liter of boiling water and insist for at least 3 hours. The finished product is filtered and added to the basin with water. For douching with urethritis in women, 1 glass of infusion must be diluted with the same amount of warm boiled water.
- Eliminate the inflammatory process will help infusion of wood lice. 3 tbsp. l herbs are brewed with 1 cup of boiling water and insisted for an hour. A piece of gauze is folded in several layers, impregnated with strained infusion and applied for 30 minutes to the diseased organ.
- 100 g of juniper fruits, needles and rose hips are mixed. The collection is poured into a 10 liter bucket, the remaining volume is filled with water and put on a large fire. After the mixture boils, the fire is reduced and the broth is heated for half an hour, after which it is removed from the stove and insisted for another 3 hours. The finished product is poured into a bath of warm water. It is recommended to take the procedure from 20 to 40 minutes. The course of treatment of urethritis is 10 sessions.
Herbs for oral administration
Treatment of urethritis with herbs can be carried out not only locally. To eliminate pain, pain, burning and other symptoms of the inflammatory process, infusions and decoctions are recommended to be taken orally. The most popular recipes are:
- 1 tbsp. lchopped dried parsley leaves are poured with 500 ml of cold water, insisted for 8-10 hours, and then filtered through 2 layers of gauze. The resulting therapeutic drink with urethritis is consumed every 2 hours by 50 ml.
- Lingonberry broth is used to treat a chronic form of pathology. Dry vegetable mixture is brewed as tea and consumed for 3 months. Treatment is recommended to continue even if the symptoms of urethritis have ceased to bother. This is done to consolidate the effect.
- In inflammatory diseases of the urethra, phytotherapists recommend the use of creeping wheatgrass. 4 tbsp. l rhizomes of a plant fill in 100 ml of cool water and leave overnight. In the morning, the water is drained, and the plant mass is brewed with 1 glass of boiling water and insisted for 10 minutes. Both liquids are connected in one container. Use 1 cup of infusion 4 times a day.
- Peppermint has a calming effect. It is recommended to drink herbal tea from it both for the prevention of the disease and in the acute period.
- The roots of the marshmallow are crushed. 10 g of the resulting mass is poured into 300 ml of cooled boiled water and insisted overnight. In the morning, the infusion is filtered and divided into two parts. One is drunk shortly before breakfast, the other before bedtime.
- The antimicrobial effect is possessed by the infusion of blue cornflower flowers. 2 tbsp. l the plant component is filled with 400 ml of boiling water. Insist until cool under the lid. The finished drink is drunk in equal portions throughout the day. With urethritis, it is better to carry out the procedure on an empty stomach.
- 1 tsp Zelenchuk brew in 1 cup boiling water. Insist for 20 minutes, then drink. The procedure must be repeated three times a day.
- Take in equal proportions thuja shoots, blackcurrant leaves, rose hips, St. John's wort and mint, add to this composition corn stigmas, field horsetail and lingonberry leaves. To prepare the daily dosage of the drug, you will need to prepare an infusion of 5 tbsp. l specified collection and 1 liter of water. It will take at least 2 hours to insist.
Treatment of urethritis with soda is considered a fairly effective home method, since it helps to quickly remove the symptoms of pathology. To explain the therapeutic effect of sodium bicarbonate in this case is quite simple. In many patients with urethritis, a urinalysis shows an increased acidity, which further irritates the inflamed organ. Soda neutralizes this effect by changing the pH of urine from acidic to alkaline.
Treatment of urethritis is carried out with a solution prepared from 1 cup of warm water and 1 tsp. soda. Drink in small sips. It is recommended to drink no more than 3 glasses of solution per day. After half an hour, you can take a tablet of an analgesic and additionally drink 1 cup of citrus juice.
Such treatment tactics will give a positive result after the first intake of a therapeutic drink. Pain will go away, and urination will not be so frequent and sharp. However, to fix the result, it is better to drink a soda solution in a course. In this case, 2 tbsp. l soda is dissolved in 1 liter of water. Drink a drink of 1 tbsp. l thrice a day. The duration of treatment is 14 days, after which they take a week break and repeat the procedure.
In addition to ingestion, a weak soda solution can be used to treat the external genitalia after each urination.
Hirudotherapy is a treatment method that allows you to increase the effectiveness of drug therapy, quickly remove inflammation, swelling and pain symptoms. In urethritis, the points of application of leeches are the skin lines in the region of the ureters (from the lower back to the inguinal region on the corresponding side). The number of sessions depends on the condition of the patient and the type of urethritis. Most often, 6-8 procedures are recommended with an interval of at least two days.
Description of the disease
Urethritis is an inflammatory disease of the urethra (urethra). Urologists distinguish 2 types of disease: infectious and non-infectious.
The first includes inflammatory processes that have arisen against the background of sexually transmitted diseases (syphilis, gonorrhea, trichomonellosis, genital herpes), as well as malaise caused by non-venereal infections (fungal, viral, bacterial).
The cause of non-infectious urethritis can be damage to the urethra, an allergic reaction to food or a medicine, metabolic disorders. The disease can be acute or chronic. It is contagious in any phase and is easily transmitted sexually.
The main differences between urethritis and cystitis are described here.
Read our next article if you want to know more about urethritis in men and symptoms, and treatment with folk remedies is described in detail below.
Indications and contraindications
Traditional medicine recipes are especially effective at the onset of the disease. They are more often used in the chronic form of the disease, with exacerbations more effective drug treatment. Therapy should be carried out under the supervision of a physician.
With a venereal disease, the process is controlled by a venereologist, and a urologist treats non-infectious and non-venereal urethritis. It is impossible to limit oneself to folk remedies. They can remove some symptoms, but they are not able to eliminate the cause of the disease, which will make itself felt by an early relapse.
Alternative therapy has a number of contraindications. Self-prepared drugs can not be used with:
- severe forms of chronic diseases,
- renal and liver failure,
- autoimmune diseases
- malignant tumors
- allergies to certain types of herbs.
If there are unpleasant symptoms, treatment should be stopped immediately. It is worth considering that some plants can weaken or change the effect of medicines, therefore, before starting an independent treatment, you should consult a doctor.
The role of medicinal plants
Treatment of urethritis includes 2 main areas: getting rid of infection and restoring the affected walls of the urethra. The doctor prescribes a complex of drugs, including antibiotics in the form of tablets, capsules and injections, as well as drugs for external exposure.
Drug treatment of urethritis in men can be supplemented with folk remedies. When used correctly, they are able to:
- Gently affect the bladder, accelerating the separation of urine and flushing the urethra.
- Strengthen the body's defenses and improve disease resistance.
- Prevent inflammation and suppuration, accelerate tissue repair.
- Weaken the action of microorganisms.
- Strengthen and complement the effect of industrial medicines.
- Relieve pain, itching and burning, soothe, return to a state of comfort during and after urination.
In alternative medicine is actively used. treatment of urethritis with herbs that can be used singly or in the form of fees. Raw materials are purchased at the pharmacy or collected independently. It should not be spoiled or stale. Expired herbs with urethritis cannot be used, they lose almost all the healing properties.
For the treatment of urethritis St. John's wort, field horsetail, meadowsweet, shepherd’s bag, bear ears, knotweed, tansy and immortelle flowers, hop fruits and coriander, pharmacy chamomile, stalnik or calamus root, sage, wheat grass, caraway seeds, medicinal marshmallow, nettle, yarrow.
Herbs are brewed with boiling water and insisted, after straining, they are drunk as tea or medicinal tincture, used for sitz baths, lotions, compresses and rinses. The course of treatment depends on the condition of the patient, usually it lasts 1-2 months.
During this period, you can alternately use different folk remedies for the treatment of urethritis, using each of them for 5-7 days.
Treatment of urethritis folk remedies
For oral administration, prepare a healing blackcurrant infusion. Pour a handful of fresh leaves with 2 cups of boiling water and insist under the lid for 1 hour. Drink the finished infusion instead of regular tea or take 0.5 cups before meals.
The tool has a good diuretic, antimicrobial and immunomodulating effect. You can supplement the therapy with fresh blackcurrant berries.
They are best eaten without sugar as an afternoon dessert or light afternoon snack. Berries are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C and natural acids.
Pronounced diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect lingonberry decoction. 2 tbsp. tablespoons of raw materials are poured with a liter of boiling water, heated in a water bath for 5-7 minutes, poured into a thermos and insisted for 2 hours.
After filtering, the broth is divided into 4 portions and drunk before meals throughout the day. The drink can be alternated with fruit drinks from lingonberries or cranberries. You can sweeten fruit drinks with liquid honey (no more than 1 teaspoon per glass of drink).
A good restorative and diuretic - decoction of parsley. 80 g of fresh chopped greens are poured with milk (1 cup), then evaporated in the oven or oven to half the volume. Ready concentrated broth is filtered and taken before meals (100 ml per serving).
Another option for diuretic and antimicrobial decoction is being prepared based on wheat grass creeping. 2 tbsp. tablespoons of crushed roots pour a glass of cold water and insist 10-12 hours.
After that, the water is poured into a separate container, a glass of boiling water is added to the sodden raw materials and insisted for 10 minutes. The broth is filtered, a drained liquid is added to it. The drug should be drunk before eating 0.5 cups. The course of treatment is 5-7 days.
It has a strengthening and antimicrobial effect infusion of cornflower flowers. 2 tbsp. tablespoons of crushed raw materials pour 2 cups boiling water and insist under the lid for 2-3 hours. The finished product is filtered and drunk before meals during the day.
Relieve burning sensation and pain lime decoction. 1 tbsp. a spoonful of linden blossom is poured into a glass of boiling water, heated in a water bath for 10 minutes, insisted for half an hour, filtered and drunk before bedtime. It is not worth storing the broth; a fresh portion is prepared daily.
Try a restorative collection of different types of herbs. Mix in equal proportions field horsetail, elderberry flowers, rose hips and juniper. 2 tbsp. collection spoons pour 2 cups boiling water, leave for 20 minutes, strain. Divide the liquid into 2 servings and drink 10 minutes before meals.
You can supplement the treatment of male urethritis with folk remedies healing soothing tea. In a separate container, mix dried mint, lemon balm, raspberry leaves, rose hips and hawthorn.
Brew a handful of raw materials with a liter of boiling water, insist for half an hour and drink like regular tea. For taste, you can add a little honey.
Useful warm sitting baths. They soothe, eliminate burning sensation in the urethra, have a disinfecting and anti-inflammatory effect.
Pour a handful of dried or fresh pharmacy chamomile with a liter of boiling water, warm up for 5-10 minutes, insist under the lid for another 15-20 minutes.
After filtering, the broth is poured into a shallow basin and diluted with warm water. The procedure lasts 10-15 minutes, it is better to do it in the evening, before bedtime. The same bathtubs can be prepared from dioica nettle, willow bark, chestnut or oak, haemophilus, celandine.
A great alternative to dry raw materials - pharmacy tinctures for alcohol. Pour 100 ml of tinctures of eucalyptus or calendula into a basin with warm water.
Sit in the pelvis for 10 minutes, rinse the skin after the procedure is not necessary. Herbs have antimicrobial, decongestant, and sedative effects; 4-5 procedures are needed per course.
Relieve inflammation will help lotions from sage broth. Pour a handful of raw materials with a liter of water and boil for 10 minutes.
Insist under the lid for 40 minutes, strain. Soak a cotton swab in the liquid and apply it to the urethra so that the broth drains freely, washing the affected tissue. The procedure lasts 5-7 minutes.
How to supplement therapy?
To speed up recovery, not only folk remedies for urethritis will help, but also the right way of life. Do not abuse alcohol, give up smoking, do not lift weights and avoid hypothermia. A full night's sleep and lack of stress is very important.
An important role in the treatment of urethritis is balanced diet. The patient should drink at least 1.5 fluids per day. Preference is given to pure still water, homemade fruit drinks, herbal decoctions.
Dehydrated drinks should be excluded from the diet: strong black tea, natural or instant coffee, soda water and caffeinated energy. The ban prohibits products containing excess salt and carcinogens: smoked meats, pickles, fast food, canned fish, meat and vegetables.
The menu must include natural diuretics that nourish the body with vitamins, micro and macro elements: sodium, potassium, calcium. Especially useful are cucumbers, zucchini, watermelons, melons, pumpkins, red and black berries. Salads, soups, mashed potatoes, jelly and other healthy dishes are prepared from vegetables and fruits.
Urethritis is quite treatable. Its success depends on the right drugs, compliance with all the doctor’s prescriptions, a balanced diet. The combination of drug therapy and folk remedies will accelerate recovery and avoid relapse.
From the video below you can find out about other folk recipes that are perfect for treating male urethritis:
Urethritis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the urethra (urethra) caused by bacterial microorganisms. The prevalence of the disease is the same in both men and women. Often the disease proceeds against the background of the inflammatory process in the bladder, however, both diseases have their own characteristics.
A characteristic difference between urethritis and cystitis is pain during urination, its nature and moment of occurrence. With cystitis, pain occurs after emptying the bladder, as the inflamed walls of the organ come into contact. With urethritis, pain lasts throughout the process of urination. It is important for a urologist to be able to recognize both diseases in order to conduct correct and adequate treatment.
Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the urethra is provoked by fungi of the genus Candida, which are normal microflora of the woman's vagina. The disease develops long enough, about 2-3 weeks. The pathological spread of fungal disease can be triggered by prolonged use of antibiotics or antibacterial drugs that have an inhibitory effect on the woman’s immune system. This form of acute inflammatory disease often flows into a chronic one. The main symptoms of candida urethritis are:
- Urethral itching
- White discharge, odoriferous, curdled.
The urethra is inflamed due to exposure to various chemicals, food or pharmaceuticals. An allergic reaction can cause severe swelling not only of the mucous membrane, but also of the underlying membranes of the urethra, completely blocking the output of urine. This form of inflammation can cause a bacterial infection in the urethra.
Pathological bacterial microorganisms that enter the urinary tract of a woman cause a non-specific inflammatory process. Typically, pathogens are staphylococci, gonococci and other coccal microorganisms, which under normal conditions can represent the normal microflora of the body. The pathological properties of bacteria acquire only in certain conditions - weakening of the immune system or trauma to the mucous membrane of the urinary organs.
A similar form of the inflammatory process of the urethra is transmitted during intercourse. 2-3 weeks after intercourse, the first symptoms of the disease appear:
- severe itching, burning,
- foamy discharge.
In the absence of the necessary treatment, the disease flows into a chronic form, and the symptoms gradually disappear.
In addition to the main reasons, the development of inflammation in the urethra can provoke stress, injuries of the mucous membrane, severe hypothermia and other pathologies of the urinary system. Common symptoms for all types of urethritis usually include:
- redness of the genitals, especially the areas around the external opening of the urethra,
- burning, itching and pain during urination,
- unnatural vaginal discharge.
In the acute stage of the disease, increased body temperature, signs of intoxication of the body (chills, headaches, weakness) are also added to the general manifestations.
Features of the treatment of urethritis in men
Therapy of male urethritis should be carried out by a specialist. Often it happens that, having specified the diagnosis, the patient tries to find different medical methods among the recipes of traditional medicine. The patient seeks to independently stabilize the process of emitting urine. This happens because there is an opinion about the dangers of chemicals and antibiotics. But you need to know that this type of disease cannot be eliminated using only folk remedies.
At home, the treatment of urethritis in men presents certain difficulties, sometimes there is simply no way to do without official therapy. But at the same time, after consulting a doctor, you can use during treatment and folk remedies that can create an additional effect.
The infusion of wheatgrass creeping roots perfectly helps. To prepare the medicine, you will need four tablespoons of chopped roots, filled with a glass of cold boiled water.
Everything is infused for twelve hours, filtered, the raw material is poured again, but with boiling water. After a ten-minute pause, the tincture must be traced. Two parts of the product are connected.
Reception is one third of a glass three times a day. The rest of the infusion is used before bedtime to prepare the bath.
The collection of plants works great. It is prepared from horsetail, rose hips, elderberry flowers, juniper berries. Everything is taken in equal shares. One spoon of such a collection is poured with a half-liter can of boiling water, infused in a bowl that can retain heat for a long time, no more than thirty minutes. Then the infusion must be drained and taken a glass in the morning and evening hours. The therapeutic course lasts no more than two weeks.
In the preparation of baths, it is recommended to use oak bark, which has excellent anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. To prepare the composition, it is necessary to pour a spoonful of bark with a glass of boiling water, insist for one hour, using a thermos.
Next, the product is poured into a pan and simmers for a quarter of an hour over low heat. Then the broth cools and is filtered. To prepare the bath, the entire portion of the product is taken. It can be slightly warmed up.
Chamomile color is also used in the preparation of baths. To do this, take three tablespoons of raw materials, which must be poured with boiling water (two hundred milliliters) and insisted in a thermos. Then the product is filtered off, it cools down a little, if necessary. Baths of this composition can be prepared twice a day, until the final recovery.
Cocktails made of juices help a lot, helping to relieve inflammatory processes, increase urine output. The urethra is cleaned of bacteria and inflammatory secretions.To make a drink, you need to take a quarter cup of juice squeezed from viburnum, carrot, celery, beetroot, add black radish juice to this. The composition is mixed and taken early in the morning and in the evening.
Traditional medicine methods are used when the first symptoms of the disease appear. The expected effects are as follows:
- The development of anti-inflammatory action. Most plant components contain biological substances that relieve the inflammatory process in the walls of the bladder.
- The formation of an antiseptic effect. With the correct use of alternative methods of treatment, inhibition of pathogenic flora occurs, which causes the formation of urethritis.
Folk remedies are used for 14 days. During this period, the symptoms of urethritis disappear. If the desired effect does not occur, then the patient needs the help of a doctor.
T urethritis in women
The disease occurs in women quite often, but in most cases it disappears due to the anatomical structure of the urethra. But it happens that the body cannot defeat the problem on its own, and in such cases it will need help. Women cannot use the drugs used to treat male problems, since the latter do not have the desired effect on their body.
Tincture on cornflowers also has a positive effect. Take one spoonful of the dried plant, pour a glass of boiling water. One hour everything is kept in a thermos, then it is filtered off. It is necessary to take three times a day for a couple of spoons until the disease disappears.
Herbal tinctures work great. You should take a spoonful of violet roots, stigmas of corn, birch buds, chopped bean pods, bearberry leaves.
The mixture is poured with two liters of boiled water, infused for about twenty minutes. The composition is filtered and begin to take before eating three tablespoons. The remaining medicine is used for baths.
Remarkably help washing with a decoction made from calamus roots. You should take one spoonful of raw materials, pour a liter of boiling water. Then the container is placed in a water bath and aged for about thirty minutes. After that, the product cools and filtered.
Treatment is performed until complete recovery.
Tincture on the inflorescences of St. John's wort will help get rid of inflammation and improve urine output, because it perfectly eliminates swelling of the mucous membrane.
To make the product, take a spoonful of flowers, pour a glass of boiled water, infuse for at least an hour. The drug is filtered. You need to drink a spoon before breakfast. The remaining product is used for washing. The therapeutic course lasts up to two weeks.
Such a folk remedy as bear ears helps in the treatment of urethritis in women. Take ten grams of grass, pour a glass of boiled water, put in a water bath, simmer for at least twenty minutes, covering with a lid to prevent evaporation. The tool is infused for an hour, filtered. Reception is one hundred grams, forty minutes after eating. The treatment course continues until the symptoms of the disease disappear.
Features of the treatment of urethritis
The specifics and characteristics of the treatment of urethritis depend on many factors, including, first of all, the patient’s gender. The female urethra is much shorter and wider, which contributes to a more effective self-cleaning of this organ.
In connection with these factors, urethritis in men proceeds against the background of a pronounced clinical picture, while in women any signs of the disease may be almost completely absent.
The main symptoms of this infectious disease are called strong painful sensations that occur mainly at the beginning or at the end of urination, decreased libido, itching, burning, pain in the genital area, turbid or greenish discharge. It is also possible the deterioration of overall health.
A prolonged lack of adequate treatment for urethritis can lead to serious consequences, including the acquisition of a chronic form of an ailment, damage to the bladder, the risk of developing cancer, and sexual impotence.In connection with the above circumstances, it is necessary to consult a doctor already with the appearance of early signs of an ailment.
Only complex treatment based on taking medications prescribed by the doctor, as well as the use of alternative medicine, will help eliminate the disease.
Recipes for internal use
Therapeutic treatment of a local nature creates a disinfecting and healing effect. Such methods are perfectly combined with the ingestion of various medicinal formulations made at home.
The use of such drugs is based on their anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and immunostimulating effects.
In such cases, it is recommended to pay attention to parsley, lingonberries, currants, carrots and bearberry. They are most often used in the treatment of inflammatory processes of the urethra, are taken in the form of tea, infusions, decoctions.
A cocktail made from carrot, cranberry and viburnum juices benefits. Each juice must be taken in half a glass, mixed. They drink the remedy about forty minutes before breakfast. Each juice is prepared without sugar, store options for this course are not suitable. To relieve inflammation, three weeks of this course will be required.
Currant tincture will perfectly relieve inflammation. To prepare the medicine, you need two tablespoons of dry or fresh foliage, filled with a glass of boiled water. It is necessary to insist one hour, then to filter out. Reception is one glass twice a day.
Parsley juice mixed with milk helps. It is necessary to finely chop eighty grams of the plant, pour a couple of glasses of milk. The capacity is placed in the oven, languishes for several hours. The drug composition should be reduced by half. It is filtered and drunk in two spoons once an hour, interrupted for the duration of sleep.
A decoction of linden flowers is considered an excellent anti-inflammatory agent that can quickly and effectively relieve urethritis. To do this, take a couple of spoons of raw materials, pour two glasses of boiling water.
A container with the composition is placed on the fire, brought to a boil, cooked for ten minutes. Then the medicine must be filtered and drunk before bed, two glasses. The course can be conducted until complete cure.
Infusion of oats will help to improve overall well-being, reduce the inflammatory process. It will take two hundred grams of finely chopped herb pour a half-liter bottle of vodka. Tincture is stored in a dark and cool place for no more than three weeks, shaken daily. Then the product is filtered, it is taken in the amount of thirty drops before meals. The treatment lasts until the final recovery.
Treatment of urethritis in women
As noted above, the female urethra is a wide and short channel, not more than two centimeters. In this regard, bacteria that enter the mucous tissues of the urethra are almost completely washed out of the body at the time of urination.
Thus, the female body is quite capable of self-cleaning and cases of detecting urethritis in women in the middle or late stage are quite rare. However, in some cases, this is all possible. As a rule, this is due to a weakening of immunity, the presence of cumulative infectious or viral diseases, and changes in the hormonal background.
Accordingly, treatment methods for men and women may vary slightly. Women primarily need funds that enhance immunity, body resistance and have a stimulating effect on tissue regeneration processes at the cellular level.
Men should take more highly effective drugs and medicines, prepared at home, with powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Advice! Urethritis is especially dangerous for women in pregnancy.If signs of an ailment are detected during this period, it is imperative to consult a specialist and, if necessary, undergo the prescribed treatment.
One-Component Plant Fees
Effective alternative methods of treating urethritis in women are based on the use of single-component and multi-component herbal preparations, the use of freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juices and medicinal mixtures.
The safest and easiest to prepare are single-component fees. However, a positive result against the background of their intake is observed only in the case of treatment of urethritis in the early stages of development.
More details about the methods of preparing such tools will tell the photo, table, as well as the video in this article:
|The name of the therapeutic agent.||The required ingredients.||Recommendations for preparation and reception.|
|Cornflower broth.||A glass of boiling water, a teaspoon of dried cornflower inflorescences.||Cornflowers brew in a thermos with the right amount of boiling water, leave for a couple of hours and strain. Ready to use the drug in the amount of two spoons a few minutes before the main meals.|
|Infusion of linden blossom.||Two tablespoons of dried linden and two glasses of boiling water.||Combine the components and set aside until ready, that is, about two to three hours. Drink the drug in full should be shortly before bedtime.|
|Hypericum infusion.||A tablespoon of dried Hypericum herb.||In the evening, raw materials are steamed with a glass of boiling water, let stand, strain. For treatment, you need to drink a tablespoon of the product immediately after breakfast, and use the remaining medicine during the day for douching after each trip to the toilet.|
|Infusion of blackcurrant leaves.||Four tablespoons of finely chopped blackcurrant leaves, half a liter of boiling water.||Steam the leaves with water and leave to infuse. After the infusion has cooled, take it in the mornings and evenings, one glass each.|
|Infusion of bear ears.||A tablespoon of dried grass, half a liter of boiling water.||Pour boiling water over the grass and boil over a small fire or water bath for fifteen minutes. Allow the infusion to cool and strain. Take the medicine at least five times a day after meals in the amount of half a glass.|
Means prepared in accordance with the above recommendations have pronounced anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties. To eliminate the troubling symptoms of urethritis, it is recommended to take infusions for a minimum of two to three weeks.
It should also be remembered that before treating urethritis at home, it is imperative to coordinate a similar treatment option with a specialist.
Air marsh for external use
To relieve edema, eliminate soreness and burning, as well as prevent the spread of pathogenic microflora during the treatment of urethritis, it is necessary to use funds not only for internal but also for external use. In this regard, a decoction based on the roots of bog calamus has proven itself perfectly.
To prepare this effective product you must:
- a tablespoon of pre-chopped fresh or dried roots of calamus swamp must be poured with a liter of warm or, even better, hot water,
- place the container with the infusion in a water bath and boil for half an hour,
- remove the prepared broth from the heat, let stand for a couple of hours, then strain it with gauze.
To use the ready-made broth as follows: after each visit to the toilet, it is necessary to wash the external genitalia with warm medicine, it is not recommended to use various means for intimate hygiene during the treatment period. In order to avoid negative consequences, it is categorically not recommended to take a decoction of calamus roots inside.
Diet during treatment
During the entire treatment course, you should use the maximum amount of fluid, adhere to a certain diet. It is necessary to exclude the use of alcohol, spicy, salty, pickled and smoked products, which can provoke inflammation.
It is also not recommended to drink sparkling water, beans and chocolate, strong tea or coffee. It will be better if the diet includes medicinal vegetables and plants from which you prepare infusions - carrots, beets, parsley, black radish.
How is urethral lavage performed in men?
Men urethral lavage is recommended for men without fail. To flush the front of the penis, you will have to perform certain manipulations:
- Take a syringe with a rubber nozzle.
- Expose the head of the penis, treat the entire external zone of the urethral opening with an antiseptic composition.
- Having pressed the syringe to the organ, it is necessary to enter the washing solution in the amount of fifteen milliliters.
- Squeezing the canal with your fingers, remove the rubber catheter and allow fluid to flow out on its own.
Men need to perform back flushing of the urethra. But it is performed only after the front zone is washed. For such a procedure, a syringe is taken with a volume of one hundred - one hundred and fifty milliliters, having a tip made of rubber material. But this procedure should only be performed by a specialist in a hospital setting.
In addition to simple single-component collections in the treatment of urethritis, you can also use more complex and much more effective multi-component compositions of medicinal plants. The complex price of such funds, if purchased in pharmacy chains, is slightly higher than the cost of simple fees, but the therapeutic effect will not take long, in that case, of course, if you follow all the rules for the preparation and subsequent use of herbal infusions.
The video in this article, the photo, as well as the detailed instructions below will help you get acquainted with all the nuances of conducting preparatory and medical procedures.
Advice! To obtain a permanent, not temporary, therapeutic effect, infusions of herbs should be taken for a month, even if the symptoms of the disease are completely eliminated within a few days after the start of treatment.
Recipe number 1
The infusion prepared according to the recipe below has a detrimental effect on the pathogenic microflora, helps to eliminate toxins, stimulates an increase in immunity and eliminates pain.
To prepare this effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, you must:
- mix one teaspoon of hop cones, dried shoots of kidney tea, coriander, celandine grass and steel root rhizomes,
- the finished plant mixture must be poured with a liter of boiling water and left to infuse for several hours, best of all - overnight.
The finished infusion must be drunk in the amount of half a glass, it must be done four times a day. Observe the proportions for the preparation of the infusion should be mandatory, since their violation can lead to poisoning due to the toxicity of some components of the collection.
Recipe number 2
The second option of medical collection can be used to treat almost all diseases of the genitourinary system, accompanied by the development of inflammatory processes.
To prepare this tool, you must:
- to combine the following types of medicinal plants in the amount of half a teaspoon: a shepherd’s bag, ivy buds, knotweed, dried grass of the watch and meadowsweet, as well as tansy inflorescences,
- pour the finished mixture with a liter of boiling water and insist for one and a half hours.
The finished infusion must be cooled to the desired temperature, filtered using a triple layer of gauze and taken every four hours, one third of a standard glass. It is strongly not recommended to exceed the recommended dosage of the product, since the tansy included in the collection is toxic and can cause poisoning.
Recipe number 3
The following herbal recipe has soothing and relaxing properties. Regular use of it helps relieve pain, burning sensation and itching.
In order to prepare an infusion, you must:
- mix half a teaspoon of immortelle inflorescences, dried heather grass, pre-chopped fennel fruits, dried and ground poplar buds and madder rhizomes,
- the herbal mixture thus prepared should be poured with a liter of boiling water, covered with a thick cloth and let it brew for an hour and a half, then strain.
Drink such a medicine every five hours in the daytime, that is, no more than three times a day, in the amount of half a glass. It is advisable to use the drug for one and a half to two months.
Recipe number 4
The next version of the herbal collection includes St. John's wort - a plant that has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect and is most often used to treat urethritis.
To prepare the infusion should:
- mix half a tablespoon of dried grass of horsetail, sage, caraway seeds and finely chopped wheatgrass roots,
- pour a mixture of medicinal plants with four glasses of boiling water and let stand for a couple of hours, then strain and cool to the required temperature.
Take the finished infusion should be no more than three times a day in half a glass. Store the product in the refrigerator for no more than two days, after which it is necessary to prepare a new portion of herbal infusion.
Recipe number 5
A complex combination of medicinal plants, the use of which is based on the following recipe, allows you to quickly and effectively eliminate the symptoms and causes of urethritis in both women and men. For a complete cure, continue to drink the infusion for a month.
It should be prepared as follows:
- mix one teaspoon of dried and ground rhizomes of calamus, peppermint leaves and shoots, dioica nettle leaves,
- steam the finished mixture with half a liter of boiling water and let it brew for twenty minutes, then strain and cool to a comfortable temperature.
The medicine should be consumed in the amount of one glass thirty minutes before breakfast and before dinner, that is, only in the morning and evening hours. To give such a drink a more pleasant taste, it is permissible to add to the infusion a small, not more than half a teaspoon, amount of natural honey, best of all, linden.
Recipe number 6
This version of the herbal collection, which is based on the fruits of ordinary rose hips, perfectly nourishes the body with the vitamins and minerals it needs, contributing to an increase in immune forces. It should be taken for at least two months after the appearance of the first signs of urethritis.
- for starters, mix rose hips and junipers, dried field horsetail grass and black elderberry inflorescences in the amount of one and a half teaspoons,
- the resulting mixture of herbs and fruits should be poured with a pair of glasses of boiling water and left for two to three hours, after which the infusion must be filtered.
The finished product should be divided into two equal parts, one of which should be drunk immediately after waking up, and the second. Use shortly before bedtime. To improve the taste of the infusion, you can also add a little honey to the drink, but this must be done a few minutes before taking the medicine.
Recipe number 7
As part of the next version of the herbal collection, there is parsley - a plant used to treat urethritis, regardless of the stage and form of development of the pathology. Take this infusion, like most others, should be within one to two months.
To prepare it:
- mix thoroughly finely chopped dandelion leaves, steel root rhizome, anise and juniper berries in the amount of one fourth teaspoon,
- herbs, roots and fruits are required to fill one and a half glasses of boiling water, put in a thermos and let stand overnight.
It is necessary to take the infusion only two times during the day - in the morning and in the evening. A positive result of the use of the collection appears a few days after the start of the treatment procedures - the symptoms of urethritis such as pain, burning and itching disappear, the general health is normalized and improves.
Features of alternative treatment
Treatment of urethritis with folk remedies is carried out using decoctions and infusions. Applied for both external and internal therapy. Features are as follows:
- Before using folk remedies based on herbs, an allergological test is performed.
- With caution, herbal decoctions are used, people with gastrointestinal pathology.
- When heartburn, nausea or vomiting occurs, herbal medicine is stopped.
Treatment for urethritis is carried out continuously, without interruption. Adhere to recommendations on the proportions and method of preparation of infusions.
Recipe number 8
The following mixture of medicinal plants, which includes yarrow, has pronounced anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. To eliminate the symptoms of urethritis, taking such an infusion is enough for two weeks, however, to prevent the recurrence of the disease, it is advisable to extend the course of treatment to one month.
To prepare such a collection is more than simple:
- mix one teaspoon of the yarrow grass, St. John's wort, as well as lingonberry and juniper berries,
- pour the medicinal mixture with a liter of boiling water and let stand for an hour, then strain and cool.
The entire volume of the finished broth should be divided into five parts and drink them at regular intervals. Due to the fact that the yarrow gives the drink a rather unpleasant bitterness, it is permissible to add a little natural honey or blackcurrant jam to the infusion.
Decoction with camomile
To prepare a decoction:
- Take 50 grams of chamomile in dry or fresh form.
- Bring the water to a boil in advance and lower the vegetable ingredient into the pan.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- After that, allow the product to cool. Take cold or warm.
Chamomile is purchased at a pharmacy or a fresh plant is picked. If fresh chamomile is used, then only the flowers are cut.
Ready broth is stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Take 250 ml 30 minutes before a meal. After eating, they also use the drug, only the effect will not come immediately, but after a while.
Chamomile decoction in the treatment of urethritis can cause disorders in the digestive tract. With prolonged use, the risk of diarrhea. Therefore, at the same time with this tool it is recommended to take probiotic drugs.
Herbal decoction with honey
To prepare a herbal decoction:
- Take 10 grams of herbs: St. John's wort, mother and stepmother, plantain.
- Add components to cold water and put on low heat.
- After boiling, cook for 20 minutes.
Take a decoction in a warm form, so they cook at one time. Use at a time should be 100 ml of the product.
Before using the broth, add 10 grams of fresh honey. Mix thoroughly and drink half an hour before eating.
Such a tool with a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, therefore, quickly eliminates pain in the urethra.
To effectively eliminate inflammatory processes and increase immunity, it is recommended to regularly take a therapeutic cocktail of fresh berries. In order to prepare a healthy and tasty drink, you need to mix half a glass of freshly squeezed juice of cranberries, red viburnum and carrots.
The entire volume of the drink must be consumed in the morning, a few minutes before the first meal. The total duration of the course of juice treatment is at least three weeks.
Parsley with milk
Effective anti-inflammatory properties have a drink made from stewed milk and parsley. To prepare this effective product, you need to pour five tablespoons of finely chopped greens into a couple of glasses of natural milk and place the mixture in an oven, microwave, or in a water bath.
Milk should be evaporated for two to three hours until the liquid volume is reduced by half. Then strain the broth and drink in the amount of a tablespoon every sixty minutes.
Advice! The instructions for the above recipes allow you to use them during pregnancy and breastfeeding. However, before taking any remedy, you should definitely coordinate this with your doctor.
Treatment of urethritis in men
The male urethra is a winding and long canal washed exclusively by natural lubrication and sperm, which is more than a favorable place for the rapid growth of pathogenic microflora. In connection with these nuances, the following kind of question arises: how to cure urethritis at home?
To effectively eliminate the causes and symptoms of this disease, it is necessary to combine means for internal and external use and carry out procedures in accordance with certain recommendations. Otherwise, achieving positive results will be quite difficult.
Advice! For the treatment of male urethritis, it is recommended to take not only traditional medicine, but also medicines, the price of which can be quite high, otherwise it is very difficult to completely eliminate the inflammatory processes.
Aloe Vera Broth
- Carefully cut fresh aloe vera in the amount of 50 grams into pieces.
- Add 10 grams of dried plantain.
- Next, dip the mixture into cold milk and put on fire until it boils completely.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- After cooking, remove the broth from the heat and leave it in a warm place for another 15 minutes.
Take 250 ml at a time, store the broth in the refrigerator for no more than 12 hours.
Due to aloe vera in combination with plantain, the severity of the pain syndrome decreases, urination improves.
The inflorescences of chamomile pharmacy are recommended to be used in the preparation process for both indoor and outdoor use. To eliminate inflammatory processes and relieve disturbing symptoms, it is recommended to regularly take sedentary baths.
For the procedure, you should prepare a concentrated chamomile decoction:
- six tablespoons of dried raw materials, steamed with half a liter of boiling water, put on fire and bring to a boil again, then leave to infuse,
- cool the infusion ready to a comfortable temperature and apply as intended once a day, best of all - just before bedtime.
It is also recommended to use chamomile tea at least twice a day. To prepare it, pour half a spoonful of raw materials with boiling water and strain after a few minutes. To improve the taste of the drink, you can add a little natural linden honey to it.
Infusion with urethritis is prepared otherwise. Take the following components:
- 5 grams of chamomile, plantain, dill stalks and calendula flowers.
- The ingredients are purchased in a pharmacy or pre-dried.
- Pour hot water into a container with a prepared mixture of herbs, cover and leave for 1 hour.
Take the infusion in cold form for 14 days 3-4 times. At one time, drink 250 ml of the product.
A mixture of herbs helps get rid of the symptoms of urethritis within a few days. It is important to take the infusion for at least two weeks - to form a stable remission.
Creeping wheat grass
Some popular methods of treating urethritis recommend the use of rhizomes and shoots of creeping wheatgrass as a therapeutic agent, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties.
To prepare one of the options for therapeutic drugs, you must:
- two tablespoons of finely chopped roots need to be poured with a glass of water at room temperature and left overnight,
- the next day, strain the infusion and pour the roots with the same amount of boiling water,
- After half an hour, drain and combine cold and hot water.
Drink the finished infusion three times during the day in the amount of half a glass. The amount of medication remaining from the use must be used as the basis for the preparation of a therapeutic bath.
It is best to carry out such a procedure before bedtime. Before use, the infusion should be heated to a comfortable temperature.
To prepare the infusion should:
- Take 100 grams of herb St. John's wort, which is purchased in a pharmacy in a packaged form or dried independently.
- Add 500 ml of hot water to the grass and cover tightly on top. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
During this time, the water cools to the required temperature, if desired, dilute the broth with cool water.
To obtain an antiseptic effect, tar soap should be used at the same time, but it is important to remember the balance of microflora. Therefore, abuse soap is not worth it.
Infusion of birch buds
Birch buds are known for their antiseptic properties against a number of microbes. Additionally, a positive effect on the condition of the skin and mucous membranes in the urethra. Observe the following recommendations:
- Take 30 grams of birch buds, use dry and fresh.
- Add to hot water and leave for 1 hour.
In the morning toilet of the external genitalia, a decoction of birch buds is used. As a local therapy, the drug should be used within 7 days. Use can lead to a violation of the pH of the skin.
Oak bark decoction
Such a decoction helps with violation of urination, the appearance of pain and burning in the urethra. It follows:
- Add 100 grams of oak bark to hot water.
- Boil for 2 hours.
During this time, the oak bark softens and releases the active substances into the water. Before use, filter the broth. Take every day before bedtime.
Tasty and healthy medicinal tea from several components will help not only to eliminate inflammatory processes, but also saturate the body with important trace elements that enhance immunity.
To prepare such a medicine, you should:
- combine in equal amounts dried and ground rosehips and junipers, black elderberry inflorescences and horsetail grass,
- Spoon the finished collection steamed with a couple of glasses of boiling water and leave in a warm place overnight.
It is necessary to take such therapeutic tea in the morning and evening in the amount of one glass. Continuing the treatment course is necessary until complete recovery. You can also use infusion as a means of prevention against diseases of an infectious and viral nature.
Personal Care Features
Treatment of urethritis in women is carried out simultaneously with the observance of the rules of personal hygiene.
If the general recommendations are not followed, conditions are created for the formation of pathogenic flora and penetration into the urethra. Therefore, adhere to the following:
- External genitalia is carried out every day using personal care products. Most of them are sold in specialized stores and contain lactic acid, which is necessary to normalize pH and eliminate dryness.
- At the time of illness, the toilet is carried out using traditional medicine. Of the above, oak bark or birch buds are suitable.
- If pathology arose at the time of menstruation, then tar soap is used for personal hygiene. Helps in the fight against pathogenic flora, which at the time of menstruation appears in the urethra.
Urethritis in women should be treated with the onset of the first symptoms of the disease, paying attention to hygiene and prevention recommendations.
Disease in men
Urethritis in men manifests itself in the form of pain during urination, frequent nightly trips to the toilet and a feeling of heaviness in the lumbar region.
There is a pathology due to the ingestion of pathogenic flora into the urethra, which causes inflammation.
Treatment of urethritis in men is carried out from the moment the earliest symptoms appear, since the problem affects the urethra and the prostate, which is a serious problem.
Treatment with folk remedies in men is carried out only in combination with drug therapy.
To use only one herbal decoction or infusion is unacceptable, since the risks of the spread of the inflammatory process are high.
When treating urethritis in women or men, attention is given to personal hygiene and prevention.
Acute inflammation in the absence of treatment flows into a chronic form. Therefore, against the background of a worsening condition and severe pain, consult a doctor.
Oak bark has especially powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. On the basis of the infusion prepared from such raw materials, it is necessary to make daily baths, the use of which will eliminate inflammation and stop the unpleasant symptoms of urethritis.
To prepare the infusion, one glass of boiled water should be steamed with one spoon of ground oak bark, bring the liquid to a boil, cool and strain. The procedure should be carried out until complete recovery.
It should be emphasized that any folk remedies for the treatment of urethritis, regardless of the amount and type of ingredients used, will allow you to get positive results and achieve recovery only if all the rules and treatment recommendations are observed. It must be remembered that any drugs prepared at home can be used as an element of complex therapy aimed at eliminating urethritis.
Prevention of inflammation of the urethra
To reduce the likelihood of a disease, some preventive measures should be used. To maintain a normal state of the urethra, you will need:
- Observe personal hygiene requirements that help prevent the active development of dangerous microorganisms. To do this, wash twice a day, change underwear daily.
- Do not allow transitions from anal copulation to vaginal unless hygienic procedures are performed. Otherwise, bacteria from the intestine can easily be transferred to the vaginal area and to the urethra.
- Before and after sexual intercourse, the urea must be emptied.
- If you are not familiar with a sexual partner, we recommend using condoms.
- Proper nutrition should be observed, protected from hypothermia.
These measures will effectively protect against urethritis and preserve your health.
The principles of treatment of urethral inflammation
- Treatment is prescribed based on the results of laboratory tests and analyzes that identify the cause or causative agent of the pathological process.
- Topical agents must be combined with the use of antibacterial or antifungal agents for greater effectiveness.
- During treatment, alcohol, smoking and sexual intercourse should be completely eliminated, physical activity should be reduced.
- After satisfactory treatment results, it is necessary to carry out a series of preventive measures to prevent the development of complications and the occurrence of relapse.
Medication for urethritis
After examination and all necessary diagnostic measures, the urologist prescribes treatment. It includes:
- Antimicrobial agents to which the pathogen is sensitive,
- Medicines to improve the functioning of the immune system,
- Topical antiseptics
- Physiotherapeutic procedures
- A therapeutic diet that excludes foods that negatively affect the urinary system.
In addition, many urologists advise using alternative methods of treatment of urethritis, herbal remedies.
Traditional medicine in the treatment of urethritis
Recipes of traditional medicine can eliminate the risks of developing serious complications of urethritis in women, provided that the treatment was carried out in a timely manner. Before using one of the suggested recipes, an allergy test is necessary. A small amount of the selected product should be applied to the inner surface of the forearm and left for 3-5 hours. If redness, a rash or itching appears at the site of application, then it is better to refuse to use this treatment method. Such an allergy test is suitable only for external use.
Douching, bathtubs, applications
The main treatment for urethritis is douching with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Such a solution is an effective antiseptic, prevents the development of complications. It is better to carry out such douching 1-2 times a day. In one liter of warm water, it is necessary to dissolve 1-2 crystals of potassium permanganate, to obtain a pale pink solution.
With the help of chamomile flowers, you can carry out douching as well as sessile baths. Decoctions of this medicinal plant have anti-inflammatory effects, promotes the healing of damaged mucous membranes of the urethra. The temperature of the water in the bath should not exceed 400C, so as not to injure the mucous membrane even more.
For local applications, a remedy is used from Ledum herb mixed with a small amount of vegetable oil. The mixture must be infused in a dark, warm place for about a day. It is necessary to use the product in a slightly warm form, applying to the mucous membrane of the urethra in the form of an application for 15-20 minutes.
Infusions of herbs and decoctions
For the complex treatment of urethritis, in addition to external agents, herbal preparations for internal use are used.
The infusion of linden flowers helps get rid of burning sensation and pain during urination. About half a liter of boiling water requires about 1.5-2 tablespoons of the dry mixture. Infusion must be brewed for about 10 minutes, strain and cool. You need to take a glass half an hour before eating.
Currant leaves help the body fight infection, strengthen the immune system, relieve painful symptoms and itching. From two tablespoons of dried leaves and 400 ml of boiling water, a strong broth is prepared, which must be taken every day 200 ml.
Inflammatory diseases of the urinary system can often cause serious complications in women. Thrush, inflammation of the pelvic organs greatly weaken women's health and can cause impaired reproductive function and even infertility.
Urethritis is an inflammatory process that develops on the walls of the urethra in both men and women, and even in a child.The disease itself and the unpleasant symptoms accompanying it are a problem so delicate that many do not rush to see a specialist. Often there are situations when it is not possible to do this for some reason. In this case, treatment of urethritis with folk remedies can help, referring to additional methods and often proving its benefit.
Folk recipes for the fight against urethritis
Drug therapy involves a complex effect, as a result of which the patient gets rid of the infection and its unpleasant manifestations. In addition, regeneration of the affected epithelial cells of the urethral mucosa occurs. Popular folk remedies are especially effective at an early stage of the development of the inflammatory process, and in some cases can become a substitute option for traditional treatment.
Advantages and disadvantages
Recipes of traditional medicine allow you to prepare unique formulations that can improve the general well-being of the patient and eliminate the risks of developing serious urethritis complications that inevitably arise in the absence of timely treatment. When used correctly, home methods can achieve the following:
- relieve pain, burning and itching, return a state of comfort during and after urination,
- gently affect the bladder, accelerating urine excretion,
- to prevent or reduce the intensity of the development of the inflammatory process,
- accelerate the restoration of damaged tissues,
- weaken the action of microorganisms,
- supplement and enhance the action of injections and tablets,
- to prevent the return of relapses,
- restore the protective functions of the body and increase resistance to disease.
But in fairness, it should be noted, and some imperfections of this method of combating the disease.
- Herbal remedies do not always have absolute compatibility, which can cause the development of unpredictable reactions.
- Doubtful effectiveness of drugs due to lack of evidence and the inability to conduct research.
- The use of a drug in the treatment of one disease can trigger the development of another, more severe one.
- The occurrence of allergies or other side effects due to improperly selected dosage.
- Violation of the functioning of internal organs due to the high toxicity of natural components.
Features of home treatment for people of different sexes
The specifics of urethritis therapy depends on many factors, and first of all, on gender. The patient's age, type of pathogen, stage of the disease, as well as the clinical course and the likelihood of complications are taken into account. This method has several features that you should pay attention to.
- Before using any product, an allergy test should be performed.
- Exercise caution during the course of admission to people suffering from gastrointestinal pathologies.
- Discontinue herbal medicine in case of nausea, vomiting, heartburn, stomach pain.
- The duration of treatment should not exceed 14 days.
Having started the course, one should strictly adhere to the recommendations for the preparation of the product, use the indicated components, observe the proportions. You also need to find out how to take home remedy and at what dosage.
Female urethra is a wide and short (no more than 2 cm) canal. In this regard, microorganisms that fall on its mucosa are not able to penetrate deeper along the ascending path, since they are washed out during urination. Thus, cases of the presence of infection in advanced form are detected extremely rarely, which is due to the ability of the female body to self-clean.However, with a strong weakening of the immune system, hormonal imbalance and the presence of some concomitant diseases, the process can progress and develop complications in the form of cysts, polyps, vulvodynia.
Treatment of urethritis in women with folk remedies should be aimed at increasing immunity, body resistance, as well as improving the regeneration of damaged tissues at the cellular level.
Urethral disease in men
The male urethral canal is a thin and narrow organ with many convolutions, which causes the course of the disease against the background of a vivid clinical picture. It manifests itself in the form of pain and burning during urination, discharge from the urethra, a feeling of heaviness in the lumbar region, and frequent urges to empty the bladder. As in the opposite sex, the disease develops after the pathogen enters the urethral canal, which causes inflammation.
Due to the peculiarities of the anatomical structure, the infectious process in the urethra can spread to the prostate tissue, which will cause its damage and lead to the development of cystitis, urethral stricture, erectile dysfunction and infertility. Therefore, men are shown the use of drugs with a powerful anti-inflammatory effect.
Means for oral administration: decoctions, infusions, tinctures, teas
There are many ways to treat acute urethritis in men at home. This process involves the use of all kinds of infusions and decoctions, which are intended both for external use and for internal therapy. The recipes below are universal, they are quite suitable for eliminating inflammation of the urethra and in women.
Linden blossom. The infusion relieves pain and burning when urinating. In a deep bowl, boil 0.5 l of water and pour 1.5-2 tablespoons of crushed dry raw materials. Close the lid and wait 10-15 minutes. Drain the finished product through a sieve and cool. Take inside a glass half an hour before meals.
Currant leaves. They help the body fight infection, stimulate the immune system, relieve pain, burning, itching. Plant components have a mild diuretic effect. You can prepare a strong broth from 400 ml of boiling water and two tablespoons of dry chopped mixture.
Cornflower flowers. Pour a teaspoon of grass into a cup and pour 250 ml of boiled water. Covering, wait 50-60 minutes, then strain. Take 20 ml every 4 hours (except for the night period).
Collection No. 1: Calamus swamp root, dioica nettle and peppermint leaves. Place 1 tsp in a thermos. each remedy, and immediately pour 500 ml of boiling water. Insist closed 20-30 minutes. The resulting strained infusion is divided in half and drunk in the morning and evening.
Collection No. 2: elderberry flowers, juniper and rosehip fruits, field horsetail. 1.5 tsp each Pour each of these components into 450 ml of boiling water and mix thoroughly. Insist a quarter of an hour. To use 1 glass twice a day: in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening before going to bed.
Collection No. 3: berries of lingonberry and juniper, grass of St. John's wort and yarrow. Pour half a liter of boiled water into a thermos and place the indicated ingredients, taken at 20 g each. Close tightly with a lid and leave for 8-9 hours. Drink in small portions up to 5 times a day.
Effective local therapies
Local effects are aimed at eliminating unpleasant manifestations, relieving inflammation and improving well-being. To properly treat chronic urethritis in women at home, decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs are recommended, which must be used regularly every day in the morning and evening. The therapeutic effect is achieved through the use of hygienic procedures when washing the urethra. Such a therapeutic method is suitable for men.
Procedures should be carried out daily, preferably in the evening, using one of the means described below. They are easy to prepare, simple to use, and they can be made at home.
Bath of chamomile. In a liter of boiling water dissolve three packs of dry mix of plant flowers. Cover the container and wait until it cools. Strain and use in a warm form. The duration of one session should not exceed 5-7 minutes.
Sage bath. The grass has an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect. The infusion is prepared in the same proportion as in the previous case. To enhance the effect, you can use celandine.
Baths with potassium permanganate. Take a few crystals of powder per liter of water and dissolve them thoroughly until a light lilac color is obtained. Excessive proportions can cause burns. The tool is used not only for baths, but also for washing the external genital organs.
In addition to decoctions and infusions, reliefs and lotions are used to stop the inflammatory process in the urethra. They allow you to eliminate the local symptoms of the disease - swelling, itching, redness.
Oak bark. The crushed raw materials in the volume of a tablespoon should be steamed in a glass of boiling water to get a strong solution. For three days, it is recommended to put lotions, replacing them every 3 hours.
For the same purposes, decoctions of chamomile pharmacy, flowers of cornflower, sage, celandine are suitable. The process of their preparation is described in detail above. You can also use a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
Disinfecting solutions for washing
Local external treatment of the genitals and anus is carried out using antiseptic solutions. You can use both chemist's drugs “Chlorhexidine”, “Miramistin”, and alternative medicine. They are prepared exclusively before the procedure and have a good effect.
Hemp milk. It is diluted in water in a ratio of 1: 5 and the damaged area is treated. A decoction from a multicomponent collection helps well: 1 teaspoon of wormwood, 2 teaspoon of hazel leaves, potato mountaineer, horsetail, and 3 teaspoons of chamomile flowers. From a pair of tablespoons of the mixture and half a liter of boiling water, a decoction is prepared, which is subsequently used for its intended purpose.
The main therapeutic nutrition is to minimize the irritation of the inflamed urethral mucosa. The diet is compiled individually for each patient in order to provide a diuretic and antimicrobial effect. It does not imply any serious restrictions, but at the same time prescribes compliance with certain rules.
The diet should be designed so that it includes the maximum amount of healthy natural products. The bulk of the daily volume should be eaten in the morning - at breakfast and lunch. Dinner should be light and consist of protein dishes that can quickly saturate without causing an overload of the digestive system.
With urethritis, products are shown that have a diuretic and laxative effect, as well as contributing to better health and increased energy.
- fiber-rich carrots and squash
- cucumbers and watermelon with a diuretic effect,
- onion and garlic, which has an antiseptic effect,
- buckwheat and oatmeal porridge to normalize intestinal motility,
- celery and asparagus, which has an antibacterial property.
Useful are also considered olive oil, nuts, honey, dairy products. Do not forget about water. It must be drunk daily in a volume of at least 2-2.5 liters. Of drinks, preference should be given to natural juices, fruit drinks, and compotes from fresh or dried fruits or berries.
Relapse prevention by folk remedies
Having completely cured the urethritis, it is important to prevent the recurrence of the disease. Particularly high probability of relapse in the chronic stage of the disease. In order to reduce the risk of the formation of an inflammatory process, it is enough to follow simple recommendations:
- observe the rules of personal hygiene,
- Healthy food,
- Avoid hypothermia
- have a reasonable approach to sexual intercourse,
- to allow only unfamiliar sex with unfamiliar partners.
In order to prevent relapse, given the positive feedback from patients, you can use the following methods of alternative medicine.
- Cranberry juice. It contains fruit acids and has an antibacterial effect, but with frequent use can cause irritation to the mucosa.
- Decoction of berries and leaves of black currant. Natural antiseptic allows to remove toxins, bacteria from the body, prevents the development of infection.
- A mixture of juice of viburnum, carrots and cranberries. Prevents the development of inflammatory and infectious processes. The course dose is 20 days, and a single volume is 500 ml.
- "Castoreum". An effective tool helps to prevent and treat many diseases, including the pathology of the urinary system.
Since it is not possible to completely eliminate risk factors, the main rule to prevent the development of urethritis in men and women is regular inspection and analysis. Timely detected disease is easier and faster to treat even with the help of home remedies.
Giving preference to folk methods, it should be remembered that any means, regardless of the type and amount of plant components used, will achieve a positive result and achieve full recovery only if all recommendations are strictly observed. Moreover, the course of alternative therapy involves the duration of the process. Home-prepared medications can be used with monotherapy, as well as in combination with drug treatment.