Horse chestnut for hemorrhoids
Horse chestnut is an ideal remedy for veins and blood vessels. How is hemorrhoids treated with it?
There are cases when the observations and conclusions of traditional and traditional medicine coincide. An example is the use of horse chestnut in the treatment of proctologic diseases.
The healing properties of the plant are used for the manufacture of medicines for chronic diseases of veins and blood vessels, and are also used in conjunction with alternative medicine methods.
Treatment of horse chestnut hemorrhoids is very effective in the initial stages of the development of the disease.
The healing effect of the plant does not allow the inflammatory process to develop in hemorrhoids. Reduces all pain symptoms and strengthens blood vessels.
Horse chestnut for hemorrhoids was used in antiquity. It quickly relieves inflammation and itching, and also strengthens blood vessels, preventing bleeding and swelling.
Due to the availability of the plant, it can be used at home for treatment. Nevertheless, the best solution would be to consult with your doctor before doing this.
Effective recipes for hemorrhoid cones:
- Three tablespoons of peeled chestnuts put in a pan, where water boils (1 liter). Hold a quarter of an hour over low heat. Then the broth should be insisted for 7-8 hours and strain thoroughly. It will turn out a remedy for cool sitz baths, which must be taken after the next bowel movement.
- Dried flowers in the amount of a tablespoon should be filled with a glass of boiling water and left to cool. The resulting infusion should be used for microclysters in two or three doses.
- Grind the chestnuts (three tablespoons) in three glasses of warm water, slowly heat and boil for 15 minutes. This is another remedy for sitz baths. It is especially suitable for the treatment of acute hemorrhoids, as a sedative for inflamed nodes.
- From dried flowers mixed with sunflower or olive oil, an ointment is obtained. The ratio of raw materials to oil is 1:10, you need to insist the agent for ten days in the dark, and use at least 3 times a day. Such an ointment reduces inflammation of the external hemorrhoids and reduces the risk of bleeding during bowel movements.
- If you can seize the moment and collect fresh chestnuts on the ground, you can prepare the product from their skins. Raw materials (50 g) need to be crushed in any convenient way. Pour a glass of slightly warmed water and allow to boil over low heat. Soak on the stove for a quarter of an hour. It will turn out a strong anti-inflammatory drug for the treatment of external hemorrhoids.
- Useful bath. You will need to mix oak bark (five parts), sage (two parts), chamomile flowers (three parts) and the same amount of chestnut fruits crushed together with the shell. Then boil boiling water for 10 minutes. To insist the night. The resulting infusion is used for baths. The course is 10 days.
The benefits of horse chestnut have been proven by world studies. For example, thanks to coumarins, it mildly prevents blood stagnation in the body and strengthens the walls of blood vessels. Add to this the anti-inflammatory properties and the ability of drugs based on it to fight edema. All these effects are achieved by the use of alcohol tinctures of seeds or flowers of a unique plant.
A decoction of the bark of the tree is also used. It is used as an adjunct in malaria, diarrhea, uterine bleeding, bronchitis and diseases of the spleen. Plus, it normalizes the secretion of the gallbladder and gastric juice.
In addition, tinctures and decoctions based on horse chestnut are successfully used in the treatment of gastritis, pulmonary tuberculosis, heart disease, liver, with anemia and atherosclerosis. Outwardly - for rubbing patients with arthritis, sciatica, gout.
What parts of chestnut are used in medicine
In medicine, almost all of its parts are used. The bark, leaves and flowers are used. Chestnuts that have already fallen from a tree to the ground are useful for treating hemorrhoids.
Treatment of horse chestnut hemorrhoids is considered safe.
Nevertheless, with the development of the inflammatory process, consultation with a proctologist is required.
CONTRAINDICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE
CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR NEEDED
The healing composition of horse chestnut
The widespread use of horse chestnut in traditional and alternative medicine is due to its medicinal properties, which determine the active components contained in its flowers, fruits, leaves and bark.
Vitamins (C, A, E B) included in horse chestnut normalize the functioning of organs and organ systems in the body, strengthen immune and protective functions, increase resistance to infections, activate metabolism, blood circulation, intestinal motility and the digestive system.
Due to the content of escin from the class of saponins, chestnut effectively fights varicose veins, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, normalizes their elasticity and permeability. Aescin also prevents blood clots and blood stasis, helps to destroy existing blood clots, eliminate tissue edema, and inflammatory processes.
The presence of tannins determines the barrier, antibacterial and antiseptic properties of the plant.
Organic acids, lipids and mucus contribute to the normalization of cardiovascular activity, trigger metabolism in the body, help reduce the severity of inflammation, prevent fermentation in the intestines, exhibit mild laxative properties, facilitate and make regular bowel movements.
In addition, the plant contains a significant amount of silver, iron, calcium, iodine, chromium and other trace elements.
Horse chestnut for hemorrhoids:
- helps to reduce severity and eliminate the inflammatory process,
- prevents blood stasis thrombosis, contributes to the destruction of existing blood clots,
- strengthens the walls of hemorrhoidal veins, normalizes their permeability and elasticity, helps eliminate varicose veins, nodes and cones of hemorrhoids, prevents the formation of new elements of inflammation,
- prevents hyperemia and swelling of the tissues of the preanal area,
- effectively relieves pain, eliminates discomfort, burning and itching in the anorectal passage,
- promotes the launch of regeneration, restoration and healing processes in damaged mucous membranes and tissues of the large intestine,
- eliminates anal fissures and anal bleeding,
- strengthens the immune and protective functions of the intestine, prevents the growth of conditionally pathogenic microflora, the accession of infections, exhibits antiseptic and antibacterial properties,
- contributes to the normalization of blood circulation, the work of the cardiovascular system, a decrease in blood pressure values, an increase in vascular clearance,
- starts the work of the gastrointestinal tract and digestive system, prevents the occurrence of constipation, makes emptying painless and regular.
Indications and contraindications
Horse chestnut medicines are used in the treatment of a large number of diseases. Most often, it finds application in the treatment of:
- hemorrhoidal disease,
- varicose veins (one of the main causes of hemorrhoids),
- anal fissures and bleeding,
- ulcers and wound surfaces,
- inflammatory processes in the body.
Use horse hemorrhoid chestnut and other diseases are contraindicated:
- with hypotension,
- children under the age of 12,
- during pregnancy,
- when breastfeeding (with lactation),
- with violations in the functioning of the kidneys and liver,
- in case of individual intolerance or a high level of allergic sensitivity to horse chestnut,
- people with low blood coagulation
- with diseases of the reproductive system, irregularities in the menstrual cycle,
- with peptic ulcer, pancreatitis and gastritis.
Horse chestnut hemorrhoid suppositories
Candles for hemorrhoids with horse chestnut (trade name Hemorol) are intended for rectal use at all stages of the course of hemorrhoidal disease, with an internal and combined form of hemorrhoids, anal fissures and bleeding.
Candles with chestnut for hemorrhoids possess anti-inflammatory, analgesic, homeostatic, antibacterial action, contribute to the reduction in size and disappearance of hemorrhoids, swelling, elimination of bleeding, the launch of regeneration and healing of damaged sections of mucous membranes and tissues.
Apply candles 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days. Immediately before each use of the suppository, it is necessary to cleanse the intestines and perform hygiene procedures in the ductal area. A candle is introduced in a lying position on its side, the legs are bent at the knees and tightened to the body. To facilitate the passage of the suppository, the anus can be lubricated with petrolatum or baby cream. After the introduction of the candle for its best assimilation, it is recommended to lie down in the starting position for 20-30 minutes.
Average cost chestnut-based suppositories range from 300-600 rubles.
Chestnut-based ointments and gels
In cases where shown horse chestnut for hemorrhoids, application the drug in the dosage form of ointments and gels is advisable for external and combined hemorrhoidal disease.
Hemorrhoids horse chestnut ointment (Aescusan and analogues Escolus, Horse Chestnut) effectively relieves pain, eliminates the feeling of discomfort, burning and itching in the ananal area, fights inflammatory processes, strengthens the walls of hemorrhoidal vessels, prevents thrombosis, the occurrence and loss of cones of hemorrhoids, exhibits antiseptic and homeostatic effects.
Use gel or hemorrhoid ointmentcontaining horse chestnut 2-3 times a day: a small amount of the product is applied with light massage movements to previously cleansed skin of the perianal region. The duration of the therapeutic course is not limited, therefore, the tool is the best suited for long-term therapy.
Apply ointment or gel containing chestnut, with hemorrhoids prohibited on damaged skin. It is also necessary to avoid getting the product on the mucous membranes.
Chestnut Hemorrhoids Pills
Horse chestnut hemorrhoid treatment various forms and stages of the pathological process is carried out using tablets and capsules based on it.
Horse chestnut tablets help normalize the functioning of the cardiovascular system, decrease blood pressure readings, strengthen the walls of blood vessels, prevent varicose veins, thrombosis, blood stasis, fight inflammation, edema, and hyperemia. In addition, dosage forms for oral administration trigger the digestive system, exhibit a mild laxative effect, normalize metabolic processes, activate immunity, and have antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
Tablets based on horse chestnut are taken orally, 0.5 hours before a meal, washed down with plenty of water according to the scheme:
- 15 mg of the active ingredient - 3 tablets 3 times a day,
- 20 mg - 2-3 tablets 3 times a day,
- 50 mg - 1 tablet 2-3 times a day.
It is important that the daily dose of the active component is in the range of 100-150 mg. The choice of dosage regimen and method of using the drug is carried out by the attending physician. Self-medication is unacceptable.
Tablets horse chestnut for hemorrhoids: price the drug depends on the brand, country of manufacture and the content of the active component.
Horse Chestnut Alcohol Extract
For the manufacture of alcohol horse chestnut extracts it is necessary to grind 25 g of young fruits of chestnuts until a gruel of homogeneous consistency is obtained using a grater, meat grinder, coffee grinder or blender. Pour the resulting mass with 0.25 L of vodka or 0.25 L of 96% ethanol diluted with water 1: 1. Mix the resulting mixture thoroughly, pour into a container of glass and put in a dark cool place for a day. Then - strain the extract through cheesecloth. The finished alcoholic extract of horse chestnut is stored in a glass bottle in the refrigerator. Take the drug in 10-15 drops, diluted in a small amount of water 2-3 times a day for 0.5 hours before eating.
Simple infusion of chestnut fruits
Simple or water horse chestnut tincture for hemorrhoids It is prepared on the basis of fruits at the rate of 50 g of fruits per 0.6 l of boiling water. The plant material is crushed, filled with water, put on fire at a slow boil for 20-30 minutes, after which the solution must be cooled and filtered. Ready infusion is used for sedentary baths with hemorrhoids or is used orally.
Decoction of the stomach cortex
A decoction of the peel of the chestnut fruit (stomach) is used to prepare microclysters and sitz baths for hemorrhoids. To make a decoction, you need 50 g of crushed peel, pour 0.2 l of boiling water and warm over low heat for 15–20 minutes. Then the broth must be removed from the heat, insist 6-8 hours, strain.
The fruits, bark and peel of horse chestnut are used to make medicinal decoctions for hemorrhoids: 50 g of chopped plant material is poured with 0.2 l of boiling water, put on low heat for 20–25 minutes, cooled, insisted for 2-3 hours, filtered.
Decorations based on horse chestnut are used for the manufacture of therapeutic compresses, baths, microclysters, as grindings for hemorrhoids
Chestnut Hemorrhoids Ointment
Ointment from chestnuts at home is made on the basis of pork, badger, lamb fat, olive, sunflower, sea buckthorn oil. An ointment is made at the rate of 5 g of crushed dried chestnut flowers per 50 ml of oil or fat. The resulting mixture must be thoroughly mixed, removed to a container of glass and insisted in a dark cool place for 7-10 days. Apply the finished ointment to the anus 3-4 times a day until the symptoms of the disease completely disappear.
Reviews about the treatment of horse chestnut hemorrhoids
Horse chestnut therapeutic properties for hemorrhoids reviews use of pharmacy products:
In the treatment of hemorrhoids, he used candles and Relief ointment and pills. Venostazin, instructions for use which spoke about the ability of the drug to fight varicose veins - one of the main causes of the disease. This complex helped me get rid of the disease in a week (Victor, 39 years old).
Horse chestnut for hemorrhoids reviews the use of traditional medicine recipes:
Due to the limited budget and high cost of antihemorrhoidal pharmaceuticals, I use traditional medicine recipes in the treatment of the disease. One of the most effective anti-inflammatory drugs I consider a cream of dry chestnut and badger fat (Valentina, 69 years old).
Horse chestnut, due to its useful and medicinal properties, is used in traditional and alternative medicine for the manufacture of medicines. Medicines based on it are effective in the treatment of hemorrhoidal disease. They have pronounced anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, analgesic, decongestant, venotonic, immunostimulating properties.
Useful qualities of medicines based on horse chestnut:
- analgesic effect
- prevention of the inflammatory process,
- ability to accelerate cell regeneration,
- healing of cracks in the large intestine and near the anus,
- removal of internal edema,
- antipyretic, antibacterial properties.
Horse chestnut for hemorrhoids
Chestnut is a popular park tree. Its flowers, bark, leaves, seeds and, of course, the fruits are used not only in home medicine, but also for the creation on an industrial scale of therapeutic ointments, tinctures, candles, and other medicines.
Given that hemorrhoids are a venous disease, drugs for its treatment should create a strengthening effect for the veins of the rectum. The fruits, flowers and other parts of horse chestnut contain a number of elements that have just such a tonic effect.
How horse chestnut helps with hemorrhoids:
- the central part of the fetus - the core - has astringent properties that contribute to the strengthening and protection of blood vessels,
- horse chestnut contains substances called saponites (form a foam). They have a tonic and firming effect,
Folk remedies made from horse chestnut help eliminate varicose veins
- One of the causes of hemorrhoids is persistent constipation. The substances contained in the fruits of chestnuts, namely lipids and acids, help get rid of this problem,
- contribute to the healing of tissues and accelerate metabolism in the body vitamins A, B, C and E, which are part of horse chestnut fruits.
As you can see, the stomach - another name for horse chestnut - has quite useful properties for hemorrhoids. It contributes to the healing of hemorrhoids, the cessation of inflammatory processes, tones and strengthens the venous-vascular system, relieves pain, heals cracks and ulcers in the anus, and prevents the appearance of blood clots.
Contraindications to horse chestnut treatment
The use of natural remedies does not mean that contraindications can be ignored. So, if the patient has low levels of blood coagulation, it is better to resort to another therapeutic agent. But even people who do not have contraindications, it is forbidden to use drugs containing chestnut for more than eight weeks.
The following conditions and diseases are not contraindications, but require the additional consultation of a doctor before starting to use any product based on horse chestnut:
- kidney problems
- any liver disease
- frequent constipation
- painful menstrual bleeding,
since the appearance of undesirable reactions from various parts of the body is not excluded.
Traditional medicine recipes
- treatment of horse chestnut hemorrhoids begins with the preparation of a healing broth: it takes 3 tbsp. tablespoons of dry and chopped wood bark, which are poured with a liter of boiling water and simmer over low heat for at least 15-20 minutes. The resulting broth is infused for 8-10 hours, drained from the cake and used as a means for compresses or for sitting baths. It is recommended to resort to this method of treatment after each bowel movement,
- microclysters: 1 tbsp. a spoonful of crushed and dried bark is poured with 250 ml of boiling water, the container is wrapped in a terry towel and kept for 2-3 hours in heat. The resulting infusion is cooled to human body temperature, filtered and used for microclysters, with a volume of 30-50 ml,
- Fresh juice of chestnut inflorescences is taken orally, 25-35 drops every day, before each meal, but no more than three times. This treatment strengthens the vascular walls and suppresses inflammation,
- with chronic inflammation of the hemorrhoids, it is indicated to take warm baths with herbal preparations. It will require crushed peel from the chestnut fruit, the inflorescence of chamomile pharmacy, medicinal sage and oak bark in proportions of 3: 3: 2: 5. A few tablespoons of the mixture is poured with 1 liter of boiling water, boiled for 10 minutes over high heat, and after the broth is infused for 12-14 hours. Bath time - no more than 15 minutes. A full-fledged treatment course - 10 baths with an interval of 2-3 days.
Chestnut fruits can be prepared if you first clean each of the green pericarp. Then they need to be dried by spreading on a metal sheet with a thin layer. Drying continues for several weeks, depending on the ambient temperature.
For seed procurement, it is necessary to initially get rid of the pericarp, after which the raw materials are laid out in a very thin layer on a flat surface and placed in a well-ventilated room. In order for the seeds to be used for medicinal purposes, it will take about a month, but this part of the plant retains its medicinal properties for the longest time - for two years.
In the spring, it is important not to miss the bark harvesting period - collected at another time, it will lose part of its healing properties. Branches no older than five years are suitable for obtaining raw materials. Dry the bark in a dark, well-ventilated area, store no more than a year.
Flowers are collected during the period of maximum disclosure, on the first day they are placed in a place exposed to the sun's rays, and then transferred to the shade until completely dry. Leaves for medicinal purposes will only fit perfectly green, they should be dried with a thin layer in the room, without direct sunlight.
Remember! Self-medication can lead to negative consequences! Folk remedies do not replace medical and surgical treatment. Therefore, first of all, we strongly recommend consulting a doctor.
Gastric Hemorrhoids Pharmaceuticals
Pharmacists actively use chestnut rich in valuable properties in the manufacture of medicines for hemorrhoids. The most popular remedies are:
Medicinal properties are seeds, bark, horse chestnut flowers
Active substances and their action
Horse chestnut is a tall, spreading tree blooming with recognizable white “candles”. After flowering, fruits are tied - large nuts with a moderately hard dark brown glossy shell, enclosed in a fleecy shell.
In pharmacology, flowers, bark and fruits are used. Harvesting of raw materials begins in early spring and lasts until the end of fruiting. First, bark is collected from young branches and fresh leaves. In May, the collection of blossoming flowers begins.
The raw materials are dried in the sun, and then cleaned in a well-ventilated area. Part of the collection can be used fresh, the dried billets are stored in cardboard boxes for no more than a year. After 12 months, the raw material loses its healing properties.
All parts of the plant contain a complex of valuable substances indispensable in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
- Saponins. Strengthen the walls of veins and capillaries, increase their tone, prevent brittleness, relieve external and internal edema.
- Fatty Oils and Organic Acids. Participate in tissue repair, increase resistance to infections, remove inflammation, inhibit the activity of pathogenic bacteria in the rectum.
- Flavonoids, Coumarins, Pectins. Heals wounds, improves blood flow, prevents the formation of adhesions and blood clots.
The fruits, flowers, bark and leaves of horse chestnut contain a complex of vitamins and valuable trace elements: iron, chromium, manganese, calcium, silver and iodine. They strengthen the body, weakened by the disease, increase immunity, prevent tears and bleeding, accelerate the healing of injuries.
Trace elements contribute to the expansion of blood vessels, improve blood flow, outflow of lymph and normalize blood pressure.
And also read the article on the use of traditional medicine at home for the treatment of hemorrhoids.
Juices and tinctures
In acute hemorrhoids, alcohol tincture from fresh chestnut fruits is useful. They are grated and poured with vodka.
- For 50 g of raw materials, 0.5 liters of alcohol-containing drink will be needed.
- The mixture is infused for a day in a cool dark place and filtered through several layers of gauze.
- The resulting tincture is poured into a dark glass bottle and stored in the cold.
- You need to take it before meals, 10 drops, washed down with clean water.
- The course of treatment lasts from 7 to 14 days.
General strengthening and venotonic effect horse chestnut fresh flower juice. It is squeezed, filtered and taken 20-30 drops before meals for 2 weeks.
To soothe inflammation and relieve swelling, rubbing with a tincture of freshly picked or dried inflorescences will help. 30 g of flowers are poured into 0.5 l of vodka and insisted under the lid for 15 days. Filter the tincture through cheesecloth and rub the affected area 1 time per day for 2 weeks. The drug can not be applied to deep anal fissures and mucous membranes.
For warm sitting baths, horse chestnut seeds, crushed together with the shell, are used. They are mixed with flowers of a pharmaceutical camomile, sage and oak bark (in a proportion of 3: 3: 2: 5). 3 tbsp. tablespoons of the mixture pour 1 liter of boiling water and heated in a water bath for 5 minutes. Then the mixture is insisted under a lid for 10-12 hours. The broth is poured into the basin, preheating to 37 degrees. The bath lasts 10-15 minutes, the course of procedures - 7-10 days.
A cool bath will help relieve pain and reduce large external nodes. To prepare it, pour 3 tbsp. tablespoons of crushed horse chestnut seeds with a liter of boiling water. The mixture is heated in a water bath for 10 minutes and infused for 7-10 hours. Baths should be done after bowel movements, preferably before bedtime.
A tonic bath can also be made from a mixture of medicinal plants. The fruits of horse chestnut, mashed together with the shell, pharmacy chamomile and oak bark are mixed in equal proportions (1 tablespoon each). The herbal mixture is poured with 3 glasses of boiling water and infused under the lid for 12 hours. Before taking a bath, the infusion can be heated. The procedure relieves inflammation and prevents irritation, the external nodes are reduced in size.
Ointment and candles with chestnut for hemorrhoids
Based on refined olive or sunflower oil, you can prepare a firming ointment. Dried flowers are crushed and mixed with warmed oil (proportion 1 to 10). The mixture is infused for 10 days in a cool dark place, filtered and used for rubbing once a day. The course depends on the condition of the patient. The drug perfectly heals wounds, reduces protruding nodes, increases tissue elasticity.
With painfulprone to inflammation bleeding cones use a decoction of horse chestnut bark. 15 g of crushed dried bark is poured with a glass of boiling water and heated in a water bath for 10 minutes. Then the broth is infused in a thermos for 3-4 hours, filtered and used for warm or cold lotions. They quickly bring relief, relieve irritation and swelling. The infusion can also be used for therapeutic microclysters, which have a good effect on internal nodes, improve bowel movements, strengthen veins and mucous membranes. For one procedure, 50 ml of the finished broth is needed.
For the treatment of an external disease are used venotonic ointments and suppositories with chestnut for hemorrhoids.
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons unsalted pork fat is melted in a water bath, 1 tbsp. a spoon of crushed seeds. It is preferable to use fresh fruits with the shell.
- The mixture is heated with constant stirring for 5-7 minutes, removed from the heat and rubbed through a sieve.
- The ointment is transferred to a clean jar with a lid and placed in the refrigerator.
The ointment is also rubbed into the anus and protruding hemorrhoids, the drug is also suitable for mini-compresses.
Rectal suppositories can be made from the finished ointment by placing the drug in molds and placing them in the freezer.
The course of treatment lasts 10-14 days.
Contraindications and side effects
Like any other potent plant, horse chestnut has contraindications.
Preparations based on it are not recommended for use with:
- severe diabetes mellitus,
- renal and liver failure,
- chronic blood diseases
- malignant tumors of the rectum,
- chronic constipation
- individual intolerance.
Horse chestnut preparations are not recommended for use for more than 2 consecutive months. In case of an overdose, redness of the skin, itching, rash, headache, nausea and vomiting are possible. Short-term constipation may occur. When drugs are discontinued, the patient's condition returns to normal.
How to supplement treatment?
Venotonic drugs are especially effective in the early stages of the disease. When hemorrhoids are started, they are not used.
Also, learn more here about how hemorrhoids look in men and how to treat them.
Candles, ointments and lotions with horse chestnut are not able to completely cure hemorrhoids, but timely use will help to significantly improve the patient's condition.
Drugs are also useful for chronic patients, and they are used for exacerbations and in periods of remission. It is necessary to supplement the treatment with a balanced low-calorie diet, general strengthening supplements. For pain attacks, anesthetics are used in the form of tablets, ointments, suppositories.
Horse chestnut is a plant that has proven effective in treating the initial and middle stages of hemorrhoids. It is indispensable for prevention. At home, you can do baths, compresses and lotions that can relieve most of the unpleasant symptoms.
The healing properties of horse chestnut
The beneficial properties of chestnut were estimated more than a century ago, and now the need for medical practice in a plant is increasing every day.
What useful components does the plant contain:
- flavonoids, in particular, quercetin - stimulates the metabolism in tissues, relieves swelling and removes toxins,
- coumarins - contribute to blood thinning,
- fatty oils - accelerate wound healing, stop inflammation,
- esculin glycoside - strengthens capillaries, improves blood filling of veins,
- tannins - have anti-inflammatory effect,
- A-glucose - supplies muscles with energy.
Bark, flowers and chestnuts themselves are used in the treatment of varicose veins, respiratory organs, cardiovascular system and gynecological problems.
The benefits of chestnut for hemorrhoids
The value of chestnut in the fight against proctological pathologies lies in the fact that the active components relieve tissue swelling, prevent blood clots, have an analgesic effect and eliminate the abundant blood flow to the veins.
Due to the tonic effect on the walls of blood vessels, they gradually narrow, which leads to a decrease in hemorrhoidal nodes. Such an effect generally relieves leading symptoms and alleviates the patient's condition.
To enhance the effect will help the integrated use of the plant - inside in the form of tinctures and juices, and externally in the form of suppositories and ointments.
The chestnut plant has a lot of useful properties. The composition of all parts of the plant includes a large number of trace elements, calcium, iron, chromium, irreplaceable iodine and silver.
The composition includes:
- Escin (saponins) - increases vascular tone, helps prevent stagnation in the venous passages, stimulates the strengthening of the walls of blood vessels and reduces general swelling during inflammation. Chestnut tannins help denature protein cells, resulting in a protective barrier with high antibacterial properties.
- A large number of vitamins that make up horse chestnut contribute to the normal functioning of the digestive tract, which is also important in the treatment of hemorrhoids. Vitamins can strengthen the immune system, start the regeneration processes, reduce the likelihood of bleeding, increase appetite.Particularly important properties of the vitamins that make up the chestnut are to promote vasodilation and strengthen the venous walls.
- Coumarins, pectins, glycosides, flavonoids also have high healing qualities, prevent premature aging of cells, reduce the risk of blood clots, help fight pathogens, accelerate wound healing, participate in the stabilization of the central nervous system, prevent inflammation, and reduce pressure.
- Mucus, organic acids and fatty oils - accompany the improvement of the heart, normalize the metabolic processes of the whole body, relieve general inflammation, improve fat metabolism and inhibit the fermentation process in the rectum, contributing to constant regular bowel movement.
The basic substance of the drug is escin, which is aimed at strengthening blood vessels and improving blood outflow. Under the influence of the drug, the inflammatory process is stopped, edema in the anus zone is reduced, oxygen supply to the tissues is improved and the risk of thrombosis is reduced. An additional component of the drug is thiamine - the main assistant in the fight against cell aging.
For oral use, Eskuzan is available in the form of drops. Outwardly, the drug is used in the form of a gel and ointment.
In pharmacies, there are many drugs that contain chestnut. They have a beneficial effect on the body and improve its condition. Many preparations in the form of ointments and creams are often used to treat varicose veins, trophic ulcers, thrombophlebitis, thrombosis and other venous diseases.
The following drugs are especially popular:
- Aescin - available in tablet and gel form,
- Varicobooster - cream for varicose veins,
- Venus pills,
- Venitan - in the form of a gel,
- Venozole in the form of ointment,
- Healthy - cream wax
- Clean Legs - in the form of a cream,
- The royal step in the form of a gel,
- Hirudoven in the form of a gel.
All of the above funds have a tonic effect, improve blood circulation, give veins elasticity and strength. They also relieve swelling, inflammation and pain.
But it is worth remembering that these funds should be used only in the early stages of the disease, as well as for preventive treatment. It is best to use horse chestnut preparations as part of a comprehensive treatment. You can also additionally engage in therapeutic exercises, monitor your diet, as well as take medications prescribed by your doctor.
Hemorrhoids respond well to treatment with Esculius ointment containing horse chestnut extract. The drug has a healing effect in the presence of anal fissures, helps relieve itching in the anus, reduces the manifestation of hemorrhoids and bumps.
Available in tubes and glass jars. Used to lubricate problem areas outside. With pronounced expansion of the veins, plugging of the rectum is performed.
Folk recipes are often used today, in the age of high technology.
- In the fight against a delicate problem, a decoction of tree bark is famous. Essential ingredients: 1 liter of water, 50 grams of bark. Add bark to the water, boil, then simmer over low heat for about half an hour. Cool the resulting broth to room temperature, pour into a basin or in any other convenient container in which it will be convenient to sit. Take baths daily for 15 minutes every day until the desired effect is achieved.
- The tincture of chestnut from hemorrhoids deserves no less attention. It is suitable for those with hemorrhoids - a fairly common and common occurrence. Necessary ingredients: 30 grams of flowers of the stomach, 0.5 l of vodka. Pour the chestnut with vodka, mix and insist for one month. Store it in a closed vessel in a cool place, protected from sunlight. Apply in the form of grindings.
To treat the external course of the disease, an infusion of 3 tablespoons of chopped chestnut fruits is prepared
The drug is a candle with horse chestnut for acute hemorrhoids. They are shown to quickly relieve the main symptoms of the disease - itching, burning. Active substances effectively relieve inflammation, heal anal fissures, are indicated for rectal bleeding and chronic proctitis.
Candles relax the sphincter and soften feces for easy bowel movement. At the tissue level, hemorrhoids improves blood microcirculation, increases the resistance of lymphatic and blood vessels.
Hemorrhoids horse chestnut is very valuable in its properties, it eliminates edema, prevents thrombosis, restores acidity in the gastrointestinal tract, relieves pain, eliminates a strong blood flow in the veins, dilates the walls of blood vessels, and reduces pressure.
Useful properties of chestnut:
- Decrease in inflammatory processes.
- Cell regeneration.
- Wound healing.
- Antibacterial properties.
- Removal of puffiness from tissues.
- Antipyretic properties.
Medications based on ordinary chestnut
- Aescusan is a drug developed on the basis of an extract of the fruits of a tree called ordinary chestnut or horse chestnut. It is used for the prevention and treatment of disorders in the venous circulation system. It has a pronounced anti-inflammatory and tonic properties. When using the drug, there is an improvement in blood circulation, a decrease in swelling, and the formation of blood stasis in the veins decreases. The drug is available in the form of a gel and ointment for external use, as well as drops and tablets for oral administration.
- Escolus ointment. The basis for the composition of the drug is horse chestnut. The gel and ointment perfectly fight inflammation and swelling, remove painful symptoms and itching. With constant use, the drug returns elasticity to the walls of the vessels and increases the general tone of the veins. It is used for all forms of the development of the disease.
- Venostazine - Available in the form of drops for oral administration. Helps strengthen the walls of venous vessels, reduces the possibility of congestion.
- Esflazide - contains extracts from leaves and peeled chestnut fruits. It has an anti-inflammatory effect, restores the walls of blood vessels, soothes the mucous membrane, gives them elasticity and increases the tone of veins. It is applied inside in the form of tablets.
- Anavenol The drug is available in the form of dragees for oral administration. A long course of treatment is compensated by the constant and complex effect of the drug, aimed at improving the elasticity of blood vessels, normalizing blood circulation and relieving inflammation.
Folk remedies based on horse chestnut
In addition to use in pharmacology, horse chestnut is often used in the preparation of medicinal tinctures, decoctions and ointments for hemorrhoids for external use.
- Tincture of the fruits of ordinary chestnut on vodka. To prepare the tincture, you need to take 50 g of fruit, previously grated on a medium grater. Pour 0.5 g of vodka into the resulting slurry and strain through gauze folded several times. The resulting tincture should be stored in a cool, closed, dark place. Take the tincture obtained before meals, 10 drops. Tincture from the fruits of the medicinal tree helps with acute hemorrhoids.
- Tincture of flowers and vodka. To prepare, take 30 g of plant flowers and pour 0.5 l of vodka. The prepared tincture is pre-insisted for a crescent in a closed and cool place. Tincture in the form of external raster is used. It has a calming and analgesic effect.
- To treat the external course of the disease, an infusion of 3 tablespoons of chopped chestnut fruits is prepared. Porridge is poured with three glasses of warm water and boiled over low heat for a quarter of an hour. Strained infusion is used for warm and cold sedentary baths. Sedentary baths soothe hemorrhoid cones in acute external hemorrhoids, have a strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory soothing effect.
- Horse chestnut ointments are made using sunflower, olive or essential oils. The flowers of the plant are dried, ground and mixed with oil at a rate of one to ten. The resulting mixture is insisted for 10 days in a dark place. Use the ointment at least 3 times a day. The ointment has an analgesic effect, eliminates inflammation of the external cones, relieves swelling of the hemorrhoid cones and prevents bleeding during bowel movements.
- Fresh flower juice is very useful for exacerbation of chronic hemorrhoids and general vein expansion. Drink juice several times a day, one teaspoon with the addition of water. The juice of the flowers of the plant strengthens the tone of the veins, relieves inflammation and normalizes the gastrointestinal tract.
- Chestnut bark is also useful in the treatment of hemorrhoids. 15 grams of bark is poured with water (300 grams), and boiled over moderate heat for 10 minutes. After infusion, wrap up and let it brew for several hours. After being filtered and put in a cool dark place. With the help of tincture of the bark make warm and cold lotions. Cold lotions remove pain, reduce inflammation of the cones, soothe the mucous membrane.
- A simple tincture for the prevention and treatment of all stages of hemorrhoids. To grind a fresh skin of a nut or to chew and mix with a glass of water from such calculation: on 50 g of a peel on one glass of water. The solution is boiled for 15 minutes over low heat. Apply several times a day, stirring with water. Tincture is useful in acute external hemorrhoids, as it relieves severe inflammation.
- To prepare enemas using ordinary chestnut, take 1 tablespoon of dry crushed tree bark and pour 300 ml of boiling water. The infusion is well filtered and cooled to room temperature, up to 50 ml of infusion is administered once. Microclysters using horse chestnut contribute to painless bowel movements, reduce inflammation of the rectal mucosa and stop the development of bleeding.
- To prepare baths for hemorrhoids, chestnut seeds are used along with the peel, chamomile flowers and oak bark. The whole mixture is mixed with three glasses of water and infused for one night. A bath with a complex of herbs has a calming, decongestant and antibacterial effect.
Procurement and storage of raw materials
The seeds of the plant are harvested, after having been cleaned of pericarp, then dried in a ventilated room, laid out in a small layer. The drying time of horse chestnut seeds is about a month, after which the seeds are safely stored for two years.
Chestnut bark for long storage is harvested in the spring. Remove bark only from young branches, not older than five years. The shelf life of dried bark with proper storage reaches one year.
Horse chestnut flowers for long storage are collected directly during the full bloom (May) and dried in several stages. The first day, the flowers are dried in the sun in an open area, and then dried in a ventilated room.
The leaves of the chestnut are collected until yellow and dried in a room or under a ventilated canopy. For drying, the leaves are hung or laid out in a thin layer.
Hemorrhoid suppositories with horse chestnut
This type of medication is used for rectal administration. The composition of the candles includes an extract of chestnut fruits in an amount of 50-100 mg. For a day, the dosage of the extract cannot exceed 300 mg.
- cure hemorrhoids both external and internal,
- relieve pain and itching in the anus,
- remove inflammation from the mucous membrane of the rectum,
- repair anal fissures.
Candles with horse chestnut from hemorrhoids help, because the fruits of this tree have pronounced anti-inflammatory, soothing and vasoconstrictive properties
It is better to harvest it in early spring, until the tree begins to "wake up" and prepare for flowering. Young twigs, which should be cut into small pieces and dried in the open air, are well suited. Decoctions and tinctures are usually prepared from the bark.
Chestnut contains vitamins, iron and flavonoids that prevent bleeding, relieve inflammation and prevent heart disease.
Horse Chestnut Flowers
In the middle – end of May, the chestnut is covered with lush and beautiful flowers. In order not to damage the flowers, collecting them, you need to use very sharp scissors or a knife. It is better to put flowers in a basket. It is important to try not to touch neighboring inflorescences, not to bend the tree branches too much so as not to harm it.
First, the collected flowers are left in the sun to fade, and then, like bark, they are transferred under a canopy or in a room with good ventilation. Gastric inflorescences are used for the preparation of alcohol tinctures.
Leaves of the stomach
Chestnut leaves also have beneficial properties. It is better to start collecting them in early May, when they are bright green, and they have a lot of juice and strength. The leaves are dried in the same way as the bark. Store in cloth bags, in rooms where there is no dampness and excess moisture. A variety of decoctions and tinctures for hemorrhoids are prepared from them.
Chestnut for hemorrhoids is one of the most effective means that often help better than modern drugs
A decoction based on the chestnut peel.
For cooking, you will need a horse chestnut peel - the green, soft part in which the fruit is located. Using a meat grinder, grind about 100 g of peel. Pour boiling water in a volume of 400 ml. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Then cover and let stand overnight.
The broth is suitable for compresses and lotions in order to alleviate pain, stop bleeding (if this happens), reduce itching and cure hemorrhoid cones. Compress to do 2-3 times a day, soaking gauze in a decoction and applying it to the anus.
Horse chestnut flower juice for hemorrhoids
This tool improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, reducing the likelihood of both constipation and diarrhea.
From fresh flowers of a chestnut it is necessary to receive juice, in the amount of one teaspoon. It should be diluted in a glass of water and taken in such quantity three times a day, about 15 minutes before a meal.
Horse chestnut hemorrhoids reviews
“The fight against hemorrhoids has been going on for a long time, about 10 years. At first I was treated at home - I bought ointment, applied according to the instructions. After a week and a half, the results remained the same. I decided to seek help from a specialist. The doctor advised candles with chestnut extract. Used them once a day. It helped for a week - the pain stopped and the hemorrhoidal nodes decreased in size, the discomfort disappeared. It still helps! ”
“Hemorrhoids began to suffer during pregnancy. Until she gave birth, she did not start treatment because of contraindications. By the time it was possible to take medication, the disease was in a state of neglect. The doctor detected both internal and external hemorrhoids.He prescribed me to drink pills and use ointment, and all this with the content of chestnut extract. I felt noticeable relief already 4 days after the start of treatment. To enhance the effect, I began to take a decoction from the bark of the chestnut, which my friend advised me. 2 weeks after the start of treatment, I felt that the unpleasant disease had receded. ”
“Hemorrhoids appeared when she began to sit at work for a long time. A friend advised to make an ointment from horse chestnut flowers, with the addition of oil. I also made an alcohol tincture of brown crusts of chestnut, took it three times a day. She was skeptical of alternative methods of treatment, but there was no extra money. I was surprised, but in the complex, these funds worked pretty quickly! Literally 3 days later, itching, a feeling of heaviness and pain disappeared while going to the toilet. So, ask for recipes. ”
Folk remedies with horse chestnut
Horse chestnut for hemorrhoids is used to make a large number of household potions. The plant is not rare, it grows everywhere in the middle lane, which means that there are no problems with obtaining raw materials.
Due to the natural composition, preparations prepared at home practically do not cause complications and are well tolerated by patients.
Alcohol tincture of fruits
Fruits for tincture are used only ripened. They should be collected from the ground, and not from a tree, the approximate period of ripening of chestnuts is mid-autumn. Alcohol tincture is effective in the period of exacerbation to eliminate bleeding.
To prepare the tincture, you need to take 10 fruits of the chestnut, peel them from a dense peel and grind them with a meat grinder or grater. It turns out a slurry, which should be filled with 0.5 liters of vodka. Place the composition in a dark place for insisting. The medicine will be ready in 10 days. Before use, it will have to be filtered through several gauze layers. The treatment regimen: 10 drops before meals three times a day throughout the acute period.
It is an effective treatment for chronic constipation. Thanks to the laxative effect, a home remedy will help relieve the bowel movement and eliminate the acute symptoms of the disease. The medicinal composition is concentrated, which allows to achieve a pronounced therapeutic effect in a short time.
10 grams of chestnut fruits, peeled, crushed into a fine gruel on a grater and pour a glass of boiled water. The solution is infused for 3 hours, after which it is filtered. Ready home medicine is drunk three times a day in 30 ml. After reaching the therapeutic effect and the extinction of symptoms, treatment is stopped.
Treatment of hemorrhoids at home with horse chestnut is also effective with the use of sedentary baths.
First you need to prepare a tincture. Pour 100 g of chestnut fruits with a liter of water and put on fire. As soon as the liquid boils, reduce the fire and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Cool the mixture to a pleasant temperature and strain through a sieve or cheesecloth.
The resulting solution is completely ready for use - the bath is carried out for 15-20 minutes before bedtime or twice a day - in the morning and in the evening. The course of treatment is 7-10 days.
Baths have a beneficial effect on the external hemorrhoid cones, eliminate pathogenic microflora and relieve inflammation.
Lotions and compresses
Outwardly, chestnut can be used as lotions and compresses. The recipe includes 100 g peel of chestnuts and 2 cups of water. Pass the peel through a meat grinder or grind it in a coffee grinder, add water and set aside for 2 hours. Next, a clean, non-coarse tissue is dipped into the filtered solution and applied to the problem area.
The medicine quickly relieves swelling, inflammation, stops bleeding and reduces soreness.
The collection of flowers begins during the period of lush flowering plants. The collected inflorescences are dried on paper under direct sunlight during the day. They should be stored in a glass container in a dry place.
Chestnut flowers will help in the fight against inflamed external hemorrhoidal nodes. They serve as the basis for the preparation of a healing ointment. 10 g of dried inflorescences placed in a small glass container and pour 100 ml of vegetable oil - sunflower or olive. Mix everything and put in a dark place to insist. After 7 days, the product is ready to use.
Homemade ointment can be applied to inflamed cones 2-3 times a day. The pain will subside after 2-3 days. To consolidate the results, the tool must be used for another week.
Do I need to consult a doctor?
With all the harmlessness, homemade recipes and pharmaceuticals based on horse chestnut can cause unpredictable consequences. With their help, acute symptoms can be eliminated in the case when it is not possible to visit a doctor.
Only the attending physician can evaluate the effectiveness of a particular drug, it will prescribe the dosage taking into account the concomitant diseases. In some cases, a preliminary blood test for clotting is required - with reduced rates, horse chestnut is prohibited. The plant is contraindicated in case of hypotension, atonic constipation, acute gastritis and gastric ulcer.
Treatment with any drugs should be as accurate and careful as possible. Do not be fanatical about home remedies and treat them like a panacea. Timely access to a doctor, a thorough diagnosis and professional treatment - these are three components of successful disposal of hemorrhoids.
For the manufacture of homemade ointments, the fruits and leaves of horse chestnut are used. In the composition you need to add wormwood, acacia flowers and sage. The consistency of the cream is achieved by adding chicken fat and starch.
The ingredients for the ointment must be crushed using a blender. Mix the components. The output should be a consistency of thick sour cream.
The finished product should be stored in the refrigerator. Apply three times a day directly to the affected area of the leg.
She made the horse chestnut ointment herself. It helped relieve the symptoms of varicose veins. Additionally, she took venotonic drugs. I began to walk more often, drank more liquid.
Svetlana, 46 years old, Vladivostok.
Homemade ointment for varicose veins
Ointment for veins as a means of combating varicose veins
Often, varicose veins affect the area of the legs, namely the lower leg. From this ailment there is a mass of drugs that are produced in all kinds of forms. But most often, patients use an ointment for veins, which is a substance applied to the skin to achieve a therapeutic effect. With varicose veins, several types of medication can be used. The difference between drugs is what is their consistency, method of production, proportion of the active substance. Basically, the active ingredient (Heparin) and the base on fat are part of the product.
Due to its features, ointment for high-quality and quick treatment of veins is able to have such beneficial effects:
- The walls of each vein and vessel become significantly stronger.
- Venous valves begin to work more actively.
- The likelihood of blood clots is reduced.
- Soft tissues become less swollen.
- Trophic ulcers heal.
What is varicose veins
If you explain in simple words, then with varicose veins expansion is observed. In this regard, the valves are not able to work on blood distillation, therefore, blood flow is disturbed throughout the body.
In the initial stages of the disease, small venous nets arise. If you do not use an ointment for veins, or a cream for the same purposes, then you can get their bloating, they begin to appear, change color. Such a disease brings not only aesthetic discomfort, but also pain, inconvenience.
In humans, the veins themselves are very fragile, so they can lose their elasticity and strength. To combat the manifestation, you need to start as early as possible to avoid negative consequences. When the vein begins to hurt or, moreover, bursts, becomes inflamed, and causes unpleasant sensations resembling a burning sensation, it is necessary to immediately visit a doctor.
Most often, women are susceptible to varicose veins, however this does not mean that the disease cannot manifest itself in the stronger sex.
The danger of varicose veins and doctors' forecasts
According to experts, varicose veins first shoots in the legs, and then right in the heart. And the consequences of ailments can be even fatal. Death can occur not because of the disease itself, complications, for example, bleeding, trophic ulcers, thrombophlebitis, become the cause. Therefore, in order to prevent such difficulties, effective treatment is required, it is definitely worth using an ointment to improve the functioning and condition of the veins.
After all, when the disease develops rapidly, blood clots form that block the lumen of the vein. It happens, and so that they break away from the vascular walls and enter the circulatory system.
When a blood clot enters the lungs, the pulmonary artery closes. Over time, the blood does not purify from carbon dioxide exactly as it does not become saturated with oxygen. The end of this story is understandable. A particularly scary manifestation is bleeding from veins. The cause may be varicose veins of the stomach or esophagus. The danger lies in the fact that the patient learns about his disease only by blood loss.
Recipes of folk remedies for the treatment of horse chestnut hemorrhoids
The therapeutic effect of horse chestnut will be stronger if you combine the use of funds for internal use with funds for local use (baths, compresses, microclysters).
Means for oral administration:
- Alcohol tincture of chestnut fruits. To prepare the tincture, take 100 g of peeled chestnuts and grate it, if you have an electric meat grinder, you can grind it. Chopped chestnuts pour 1000 ml of 40-50% alcohol solution and leave overnight. In the morning, strain the tincture through gauze, folded in 6 layers. Store tincture in a glass bottle with a lid in a cool and dark place. The medicine is used during an exacerbation of hemorrhoids of 10-12 drops (0.25 ml) 3 times a day 10-15 minutes before a meal. Alcoholic infusion of chestnut fruits perfectly relieves inflammation and soothes pain with hemorrhoids.
- Juice from horse chestnut flowers. 1 tsp dilute fresh juice in 200 ml of water. Drink one glass of diluted juice of chestnut flowers 3 times a day 10-15 minutes before meals. Taking this remedy, you will not only get rid of hemorrhoids more likely, but also normalize the digestive tract.
Water tincture of chestnut fruits can be used for sedentary baths.
Means for local application:
- Water tincture of chestnut fruits. 100 g of horse chestnut fruit, grated, pour 1200 ml of boiling water and boil for half an hour. Then strain through cheesecloth, folded in 6 layers. With the finished tincture, you can make cold or warm sitz baths 1-2 times a day for 15-20 minutes. The procedure can be carried out throughout the period of exacerbation of hemorrhoids to alleviate pain and itching, as well as with inflammatory phenomena with external or combined hemorrhoids.
- Water tincture of horse chestnut peel. Pass through a meat grinder 100 g of fresh peel of horse chestnut fruit, then pour 400 ml of boiling water, simmer for 20 minutes and let it stand overnight. Tincture can be used in the form of compresses and lotions with external localization of hemorrhoid cones. Tincture effectively relieves swelling and pain in the anus, and also eliminates itching and stops bleeding.
- A decoction of horse chestnut bark can also be used as lotions and compresses for external hemorrhoids. To do this, take 3 tbsp. l chopped chestnut bark and pour 400 ml of boiling water, then boil over low heat for 20 minutes. Wrap the finished broth with a blanket and let it brew for 2-3 hours. The medicine is ready to use.
- Horse Chestnut Ointment. Grind 10 grams of pre-dried chestnut flowers and mix them with 100 ml of vegetable oil. It is better to take olive, as it has more medicinal substances than other oils. Leave the mixture to infuse in a glass container with a lid for a week in a cool and dark place. With a ready-made ointment, lubricate external hemorrhoids 3-5 times a day. You will feel the healing effect of an ointment from chestnut flowers after 2-3 days of treatment. The pain and swelling of the hemorrhoid cones will quickly go away.
- Infusion of horse chestnut bark for microclysters. 20 g of crushed chestnut bark pour 400 ml of boiling water and let it brew for half an hour under the lid. After the broth is infused, strain through cheesecloth. For one microclyster, you need 50 ml of infusion. Perform the procedure 1-2 times a day for 5-7 days.
Horse Chestnut beneficial properties and application
Horse chestnut remedies are effective and relatively safe. But still, the treatment of hemorrhoids should be comprehensive. In the initial stages, you can do with medications in combination with traditional medicine methods.
In the later stages, surgery may be necessary. Only a specialist, a proctologist, can determine the method of treatment. Therefore, entrust this matter to him, and do not engage in self-diagnosis or self-medication.
If you had to deal with hemorrhoids, and you used any means based on horse chestnut, we will be grateful for your feedback.
The fight against hemorrhoids involves perseverance and an integrated approach. Specially designed physical exercises, a rational diet, medications and medicinal plants help get rid of the disease. Horse chestnut for hemorrhoids is used in the pharmaceutical industry as an active component of drugs. The plant can also serve as the basis for the preparation of remedies for hemorrhoids at home.
Horse Chestnut Description
Traditional medicine successfully uses horse chestnut in all possible forms and forms for the treatment of not only varicose veins, but also other diseases (hemorrhoids, thrombophlebitis, bleeding).
The useful achievements of the “populists” were also adopted by representatives of official medicine, as well as the vast majority of pharmacological companies engaged in the production of drugs for the external control of varicose veins.
To understand what lies in the unprecedented therapeutic power of horse chestnut ointment, and why the product reviews are so positive, it is worthwhile to study in more detail the main active ingredient. Horse chestnut is a tree up to 40 meters high, belonging to the Konskashtanov family.
The birthplace of the tree is the south of the Balkan Peninsula. Healing qualities are possessed not only by the fruits of the plant, but also by leaves, inflorescences, bark, and even shell
Any type is suitable for creating medicinal mixtures at home, but it is important to harvest all components only at certain times and according to strict technologies. It is not surprising that most prefer to buy horse chestnut ointment for varicose veins in a ready-made form
To understand how the biochemical composition and final therapeutic qualities of horse chestnut depend, you need to familiarize yourself with the table.
|Component Name||The qualities they possess|
|Saponins (in particular escin)|
In addition, pure horse chestnut extract is rich in a wide variety of minerals, micro and macro elements. It is worth noting a number of such valuable substances: iodine, selenium, silver, boron, chromium, zinc, barium, calcium.