How to stop bleeding with hemorrhoids, what to do to treat the disease?
The initial manifestation of hemorrhoids in 76% of patients is repeated bleeding associated with bowel movements. Every tenth symptom is permanent and is accompanied by chronic anemia. Patients do not yet experience pain and anal itching, enlarged nodes do not fall out. But the destruction of the venous system of the rectum has already begun, the indicator is bleeding hemorrhoids. What to do if blood loss predominates in the clinical course of the disease?
To find out the reasons, it is necessary to exclude various intestinal pathologies. The complexity of the diagnosis lies in the choice of the examination method, the least dangerous for injury to the intestinal vessels, in the advisability of surgical intervention during the endoscopic procedure.
Why does hemorrhoidal bleeding occur?
The mechanism of the formation of pathology is impaired blood flow through the veins of the final intestine. Overfilled caverns under pressure destroy hemorrhoidal structures, turn them into nodules that gradually grow. Part lies subcutaneously around the anus (external), the other in the lower third of the rectal canal (internal).
In response to a stretch in the wall of hemorrhoids, cytokines are released that cause inflammation in the tissue. The further "fate" of the vessels is determined by the stage of destruction: the wall is thinning, elasticity and tone are lost. Similar changes occur both in small capillaries and in larger caverns.
Provoking factors break the fragile capillary network, cause damage to the veins of a larger diameter, the nodes themselves, overflowing with blood. Hemorrhoidal bleeding is facilitated by any excessive efforts, the passage of feces through the intestines. The volume of the allocated portion of the blood depends on the size of the bursting vessel, the state of blood coagulation of the patient.
The main triggering factors for hemorrhoids are:
- trauma with solid dehydrated feces for constipation,
- deep cracks in the mucous membrane of the rectal canal or sphincter,
- increased vascular bleeding due to a deficiency of vitamins and plastic material with secondary hemorrhoids and cirrhosis,
- prolonged diarrhea associated with infectious bowel disease, lack of enzymes,
- additional straining for chronic constipation,
- difficulty in emptying in pregnant women due to hormonal changes, labor pains,
- in men, weight lifting matters, leading to a sharp increase in intra-abdominal pressure and a rush of blood into the hemorrhoidal nodes, a connection has been established with the profession, playing sports,
- anal sex of adults injures the anus.
What are the clots on the feces and blood stream during bowel movements?
The allocation of blood from the anus with hemorrhoids has features:
- in 81% of cases there is a clear connection with the defecation process, a bloody trace remains on toilet paper (red blood is released during or after), in 1/5 of cases, patients notice bleeding between emptying,
- bleeding is frequent with frequent drops, spraying on the toilet, less often visible strips on the surface of feces,
- if constipation causes stagnant blood flow in the rectum, then it has a dark color and the appearance of clots,
- pain accompanied by the formation of anal fissures,
- in the III – IV stage of hemorrhoids, due to the broken tightness of the sphincter, blood flows out in a trickle regardless of stool,
- massive bleeding is observed in the complicated course of the disease (acute thrombosis, infringement of nodes).
In medicine, it is customary to look for a source of bleeding in order to diagnose and choose a stopping method. Symptom may accompany complications:
- rectal fissure not associated with hemorrhoids,
- the formation of the fistulous passage from the rectum,
- ulcerative colitis,
- benign (polyp) neoplasms of the colon and cancer,
- Crohn's disease.
Signs are important for the doctor: fever, intense pain, profuse mucus and pus in the feces, swelling of the sphincter. To confirm the hemorrhoidal origin of the bleeding, the proctologist needs to examine the external bumps, anus and the skin around, and determine the state of internal structures by palpation.
Instrumental techniques help in the diagnosis:
- anoscopy - makes it possible to examine the internal nodes, the mucous membrane at a distance of 12 cm from the external entrance, to fix in which place the vessel is bleeding,
- sigmoidoscopy - a deeper study, the entire rectal canal and the exit from the sigmoid colon are visualized,
- if it is necessary to examine the colon in the initial and middle sections, a colonoscopy is prescribed, the device allows you to simultaneously conduct electrocoagulation of a bleeding vessel and quickly stop bleeding.
Blood tests are required to clarify the degree of blood loss (hematocrit), anemia (hemoglobin, red blood cells, iron, a color indicator), and to identify pathologies of the coagulation and anticoagulation system. The results help to choose the best treatment for healing inflammation and wounds, stopping bleeding, and eliminating the consequences.
What is the danger of bleeding with a disease?
Recurrent anus bleeding in proctology is considered a dangerous symptom. It indicates a rupture of the vessels of the large intestine and requires urgent hemostatic therapy. Constant blood loss causes serious harm to the health of a sick person.
Important! It was found that daily blood loss in the amount of 50-100 ml is not restored by the body and leads to chronic iron deficiency anemia.
A decrease in the level of red blood cells and hemoglobin is accompanied by a cessation of the supply of oxygen to tissues and organs. The first to suffer are the brain and myocardium. The state of oxygen deficiency (hypoxia) gradually disrupts the body. Blood pressure drops, dizziness, weakness, palpitations appear.
A sharp decrease in immunity allows the infection to freely penetrate into the nodes, spread to surrounding tissues. Therefore, against the background of anemia, patients with hemorrhoids are much more likely to experience complications (paraproctitis, the formation of fistulas, cracks in the rectum). The infection takes a severe form, causes general sepsis.
Acute bleeding accompanies thrombosis of the node with necrosis and rupture of the wall. There is a condition dangerous to human life.
It is necessary to get rid of spotting at the initial stage of the disease, when there is the possibility of a full examination. The use of effective medications at home prevents the need for emergency hospitalization and blood transfusion.
Emergency bleeding at home
When, after defecation, a patient with hemorrhoids notices spotting spotting, it is necessary to perform actions at home that help narrow the vessels of the anal area and reduce blood loss. They can be performed by any person without special training.
Compress and lotions with ice or frozen water sticks in the refrigerator. The shape of the candles can be given with the fingers of rubber gloves. Compress is more convenient to apply to external nodes, home-made candles are introduced into the anus. Exposure to cold should continue until half a minute. Prolonged hypothermia can increase inflammation.Instead of water, medicinal decoctions of herbs (nettle, chamomile, oak bark) can be used to freeze.
In a medicine cabinet, it is important to store medicines aimed at stopping bleeding. It is recommended to take a tablet of Dicinon, Vikasol.
A hemostatic sponge is the formation of collagen fibers obtained from cattle, with the addition of antiseptics (furatsilina and boric acid). It gives a local effect, compresses blood vessels, disinfects nodes.
It is better for the patient to lie on his side, a sitting and standing position equally increases pressure on the vessels of the pelvis. If the first measures have not yielded results, and the bleeding continues, you must immediately call an ambulance doctor. It is impossible and dangerous to treat complicated hemorrhoids on your own.
How to quickly stop bleeding from the anus with hemorrhoids?
The tactics of proctologists with bleeding hemorrhoids is determined by massiveness, stage of the disease, the presence of consequences (fistulas, fissures). Conservative therapy is carried out on an outpatient basis or in a specialized department of the hospital, depending on the condition of the patient, concomitant diseases. The operation of coagulation of blood vessels is possible through an endoscopic technique, with an unclear origin of bleeding, there is a need for laparotomy, resection of part of the intestine.
To get rid of spotting, it is necessary to achieve healing of cracks, relieving inflammation, strengthening the vascular wall. The complex of therapeutic measures necessarily includes a half-bed regimen, the most sparing diet. The treatment includes methods of general and local effects.
With a complicated course of hemorrhoids, you may need:
- antibacterial drugs in tablets or injections (depending on the severity of the inflammation),
- vitamins (K, E, C) and immunomodulators to activate their own defense, strengthen the vascular wall,
- means with a hemostatic effect (Dicinon, Sodium Ethamylate, calcium chloride solution),
- red blood cell transfusion, plasma with severe blood loss,
- iron supplements to cure anemia,
- laxatives for stool regulation.
For local action, ointments and rectal suppositories have a good effect. The doctor chooses drugs with anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictive properties. Ointment forms are convenient for external hemorrhoids, they are smeared on a sterile napkin and applied 2 times a day to inflamed nodes.
It is necessary to be treated with suppositories in cases of deep processes (inflammation of internal nodes, cracks). Suppositories inserted into the rectal canal are absorbed after 20-30 minutes. The medicine quickly enters directly into the outbreak.
Among the drugs shown:
- Relief series (Relief Advance) - candles and ointment based on shark fat with the inclusion of phenylephrine to narrow blood vessels, well dries nodes when applied externally.
- Procto-Glivenolum - in the form of cream or suppositories, the active substance is tribenoside, which reduces bleeding.
- Candle Natalside - contains sodium alginate from seaweed, stops bleeding, promotes wound healing, relieves pain.
- Adrenaline suppositories - quickly stop bleeding, have a pronounced vasoconstrictor effect.
- Methyluracil - ointment and suppositories are used for intense inflammation, accelerate healing and restore the vascular wall.
Venotonics (Detralex, Flebodia 600, Venarus, Troxevasin) are not quick-acting agents, but are prescribed for 2-3 months. How venotonics strengthen the wall, restore the outflow of blood from nodes.
Using folk recipes
People’s advice can not be used in isolation from the proposed treatment. They help in hygiene procedures, but the strength of the hemostatic effect has not been proven.The anti-inflammatory effect when applied topically complements the medication.
For ice candles, lotions, sedentary baths, microclyster decoctions are recommended:
To relieve inflammation, candles with propolis, sea buckthorn and fir oil are shown.
Preventive measures to prevent serious complications
If the patient has been treated once and the bleeding has stopped, this does not mean that he has completely got rid of the disease. To prevent recurrence, doctors suggest:
- Stop smoking, give up alcohol, weight lifting.
- Walk more.
- Change the diet and diet: eat a little, but often, eat more fruits and vegetables, drink at least 1.5 liters of water, reduce fried and smoked products, strong tea and coffee, animal fats.
- After each bowel movement, treat the anus with water, herbal decoction.
- Refuse anal sex.
Blood with hemorrhoids - an occasion to urgently consult a doctor
Coloproctologist deals with hemorrhoids and diseases of the large intestine. In his absence, you can make an appointment with the surgeon. Only a knowledgeable specialist will help establish the stage of the disease and prescribe the optimal treatment. It is impossible to figure out a plentiful list of drugs on your own.
It should be borne in mind that unverified funds are being sold without reliable performance information. It is especially dangerous for older people and pregnant women to treat their own choice. Each drug has its contraindications, they must be strictly taken into account.
Bleeding with hemorrhoids is the initial symptom or indicates a complicated course of the disease. To understand and compare clinical signs with other causes, you need to contact a proctologist. The optimal treatment is necessarily based on an obstacle to the mechanisms of damage, which allows to delay the progression of the pathology.
Causes of hemorrhoidal bleeding
Hemorrhoidal nodes are formed as a result of a violation of the venous outflow in the rectum. The veins overflow with blood, increase in size and form nodes, which, as the disease develops, increase in volume and periodically inflame. Internal hemorrhoid cones reduce the lumen of the rectum and make bowel movement difficult.
- Persistent constipation leads to the fact that dense stool, passing through the rectum, injure the enlarged nodes. They begin to bleed, become inflamed, become painful and easily wounded. With daily bowel movements, the injured nodes do not have time to heal, and the bleeding opens again. The more severe the hemorrhoid cones are inflamed and damaged, the more bleeding will be.
- Circulatory impairment and congestion lead to thinning of the vascular wall. Against this background, small erosions and anal fissures appear, which are injured during bowel movements and cause bleeding.
- The appearance of bloody secretions can provoke not only constipation, but prolonged diarrhea, as a result of which the intestinal mucosa becomes inflamed and becomes thinner.
- The appearance of blood often leads to prolonged sitting on the toilet and excessive straining during the act of defecation.
- Another cause of bleeding is an advanced form of hemorrhoids, the presence of large inflamed nodes and the lack of timely treatment.
The development of bleeding in the initial stages is signaled by the drops of red blood released during bowel movement. They can be found on the surface of feces, toilet paper or underwear. Pain is usually absent, bleeding at first is insignificant, and discharge quickly stops after a bowel movement. In severe forms of hemorrhoids, blood loss can be significant and stopping them is problematic. In such cases, the patient needs emergency hospitalization.
If an alarming symptom occurs, the patient should seek qualified medical help as soon as possible, undergo an examination and receive adequate and timely treatment. Otherwise, bleeding is fraught with serious complications.
Bleeding hemorrhoids, regardless of how much blood is released, must be treated. Otherwise, with further progression of the disease, serious complications that threaten the health and life of the patient may develop.
- Severe bleeding with hemorrhoids can lead to the development of anemia. With daily blood loss of 50 to 100 ml, the body is no longer able to independently compensate for the lack of blood and the level of hemoglobin can drop to critical values. If the patient for a long time neglects the manifestations of the disease and delays a visit to the doctor, then hemorrhoids go into severe form, and bleeding can reach a volume of more than 200 ml with each bowel movement. This inevitably affects the general condition of the body and leads to the development of severe anemia. The patient has pale skin, weakness, decreased blood pressure, dizziness. Against this background, a persistent decrease in immunity, exacerbation of chronic diseases and the development of various infectious processes are possible.
- With thrombosis of hemorrhoids complicated by necrosis, massive bleeding sometimes occurs. This condition is fatal and requires immediate hospitalization.
- Against the background of hemorrhoids, various complications often develop: a rectal fissure, the formation of fistulas, acute paraproctitis. Their occurrence is facilitated by prolonged bleeding and inflammatory processes in the anorectal region.
- Bloody discharge from the rectum can be the result of serious diseases: ulcerative colitis, polyps and malignant tumors. Therefore, it is so important that this symptom is taken in all seriousness and should be contacted in a timely manner for examination and to identify the cause of bleeding.
If there is bleeding from the anus, you must go to the proctologist and undergo a full diagnostic examination to identify the cause of the alarming symptom. The doctor will prescribe a course of therapy aimed at eliminating the adverse manifestations. But what if the bleeding took the patient by surprise, what measures can be taken before a person gets into the doctor’s office?
First aid: stopping bleeding with internal and external hemorrhoids
If it is not possible to get an appointment with a proctologist soon, you can stop the bleeding yourself.
First of all, fears should be discarded and calm down. Bleeding in the early stages of hemorrhoids is rarely strong and prolonged and does not pose a threat to life. In the vast majority of cases, blood appears only after a bowel movement or lifting excessive weights, and stopping its release is quite easy. To do this, take the following actions:
- Apply a cold compress to the anus or rinse with cold water. Cold reduces the permeability of the vascular wall and constricts blood vessels, stopping bleeding. Bleeding with external hemorrhoids can be stopped with cold lotions and compresses. To do this, sterile gauze or a bandage is moistened with cold water and applied to bleeding nodes. For a cold compress, you can use ice from the refrigerator, it is wrapped in gauze and kept on the affected area. The procedures should not be long, otherwise under the influence of the cold, chronic inflammatory processes in the internal organs (kidneys, bladder, pancreas, genitals) may worsen. Bleeding with internal hemorrhoids can be stopped using ice candles.To do this, pour water or astringent infusions of medicinal herbs into a small cone of thick paper and send home-made candles to the freezer until they freeze completely. The finished ice candle is freed from the wrapper, dropped into boiling water for a few seconds, and carefully inserted into the rectum. Initially hold no more than 5 seconds, then gradually increase the exposure time. Under the influence of cold bleeding from an injured internal node stops.
- Use one of the hemostatic drugs (ethamzilate, dicinone, vikasol). They are released in the idea of injections and tablets, but they should be taken only in emergency cases, for a long time it is impossible to be treated independently with these drugs without medical prescription.
- Apply a hemostatic sponge. The composition of such porous collagen sponges, 6–9 mm thick, includes boric acid and furatsilin. A sponge is applied to the affected area for one to two minutes. Being impregnated with blood, it squeezes blood vessels and stops bleeding. In addition, the hemostatic sponge has a disinfecting and wound healing effect. If the internal nodes are bleeding, then the sponge is carefully inserted into the anus, you will not need to remove it back, it will resolve itself inside.
With these emergency measures, you can deal with sudden bleeding. To prevent repeated episodes, a thorough diagnosis and high-quality drug treatment are necessary.
To clarify the diagnosis and choose the right treatment tactics, you will need to undergo a comprehensive examination. First of all, the proctologist must make sure that bleeding is caused precisely by damaged hemorrhoidal nodes, and not by any serious internal pathology.
A proctological examination includes an external examination, in which the doctor can detect bleeding external nodes, and a digital examination, which allows you to detect internal nodes. In addition, instrumental types of examination are carried out:
- Anoscopy. The rectal mucosa is examined using a special device - an anoscope. This method allows you to visually assess the condition of the final section of the intestine to a depth of 10-12 cm.
- Sigmoidoscopy. The rectum is examined to a depth of 25-30 cm from the anus using a special device - a sigmoidoscope equipped with a flexible tube with lighting and an optical device.
- Colonoscopy. The study allows you to assess the condition of the mucosa throughout the colon. It is carried out using a special fiber optic tube equipped with a backlight and an image transmitting device.
These studies make it possible to exclude other dangerous pathological conditions and choose the right tactics for treating bleeding hemorrhoids.
Treatment of hemorrhoidal bleeding - necessary medicines: (suppositories, ointments, tablets)
Treatment of bleeding with hemorrhoids depends on its severity and stage of the underlying disease. With minor bleeding, conservative drug therapy is used and the following drugs are used:
- Proctosan, Relief, Troxevasin (ointments and suppositories). Normalize blood circulation, stop bleeding and have a wound healing effect.
- Rectal suppositories with adrenaline or tannin. The substances that make up the candles have an astringent and hemostatic effect. They are injected into the rectum once or twice a day. At the same time, Vikasol tablets and drugs that restore the volume of circulating blood are used inside. Suppositories for hemorrhoids during bleeding should be inserted into the rectum very carefully so as not to damage the inflamed nodes and not provoke repeated blood loss.
- Medicinal microclysters with a solution of tannin or hydrogen peroxide. Such enemas have a bactericidal and astringent effect, accelerate tissue regeneration.It is useful to make enemas with decoctions of medicinal herbs (yarrow, chamomile, calendula). The same decoctions can be used to treat bleeding with external hemorrhoids and in the form of cool lotions and sedentary baths. After each bowel movement, it is recommended to wash yourself with cool water with solutions of tanning agents or antiseptics. Topically apply hemostatic collagen sponges.
- Detralex Therapy involves not only stopping bleeding and healing of the damaged node, but also strengthening the venous wall, eliminating stagnant phenomena. For this, tablets with hemorrhoids Detralex are used for bleeding. You need to take them continuously for two to three months.
- Methiuratsil (rectal suppositories and ointment). With external nodes, it is used in the form of an ointment, with internal hemorrhoids - in the form of candles. The hemorrhoidal node will bleed until its tissues heal, this drug significantly speeds up the healing process of damaged tissue of the node.
With frequent relapses of bleeding and heavy bleeding leading to the development of anemia, the patient is recommended surgery. With massive bleeding, surgery to remove hemorrhoids is carried out immediately. In other cases, it is recommended to use minimally invasive techniques (ligation of nodes, cryotherapy, sclerotherapy, laser coagulation). In the postoperative period, the appointment of venotonics (Detralex, Phlebodia, Troxevasin), iron-containing drugs and agents that normalize the properties of blood is indicated.
Drug treatment of hemorrhage with hemorrhoids is often combined with physiotherapeutic procedures and the use of traditional medicine.
Treatment of bleeding with hemorrhoids in the initial stage
In the first and second stages, when bleeding appears only during bowel movements and is still insignificant, conservative treatment is used. First of all, local preparations are prescribed in the form of suppositories, ointments, gels. They soften feces and increase the general tone of the rectum. This helps to avoid damage to the nodes with feces. Also, these agents reduce pain during bowel movements. The most popular remedies for topical treatment of hemorrhoids with bleeding are:
- hemostatic suppositories with propolis, adrenaline suppositories, methyluracil and homeopathic suppositories (with sea buckthorn oil, calendula, Relief-ultra),
- ointments heparin, Vishnevsky, Fleming, proctosan, troxevasin, Relig, hepatrombin and others,
- creams for hemorrhoids proctonis, boro dermis, phytol-5, tianhe, proctoglivenol and others,
- gels mastocrel and others.
In any case, do not treat yourself. The diagnosis of the disease should be made only by the doctor on the basis of additional studies. This is necessary in order to exclude other diseases that can also cause blood discharge from the anus. It can be:
- cracks in the anus,
- polyps in the gastrointestinal tract,
- ulcerative colitis,
- intestinal endometriosis (in women),
- diverticulosis or colorectal cancer,
- disruption in mesenteric circulation.
Diet for bleeding hemorrhoids
Nutrition for hemorrhoids with bleeding involves the exclusion from the diet of foods that cause a rush of blood to the pelvic organs. As a result of the use of such dangerous products, the damaged vessels of the hemorrhoidal nodes do not withstand pressure, and bleeding opens. These include:
- Hot sauces
- Pickles, canned vegetables
- Smoked meats
The diet involves a complete rejection of the above products, especially strong alcohol drinks are strictly excluded. In addition, it is necessary to exclude products that cause fermentation processes in the intestine and excessive gas formation.These are vegetables with coarse fiber (cabbage, corn, radish, radish), high-calorie flour products from yeast dough, sweets, kvass.
A diet for hemorrhoids with bleeding should improve intestinal motility, normalize the digestive tract and facilitate bowel movements, relieving constipation. A laxative dairy-vegetable diet will help to alleviate adverse symptoms and eliminate bleeding.
Proper nutrition for bleeding hemorrhoids is based on the consumption of vegetables and fruits, berries and herbs. Apparent benefits will bring apples, raw or boiled beets, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, apricots. In the diet should be present natural laxatives - raisins, prunes, dried apricots.
In the daily menu include:
- porridge cooked on water
- low-fat meat and fish broths,
- bran bread
- lean meat and fish.
Try to exclude sweet carbonated drinks, strong tea, coffee, they cause dehydration and provoke the development of constipation. You should limit the consumption of starchy foods (potatoes, rice), pasta, fresh bread, muffins, pastries and sweets.
On the table every day should be salads seasoned with vegetable oil, to improve the intestines it is useful to drink 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil two to three times a day. The menu must include fresh sour-milk drinks (kefir, yogurt, bifidok, yogurt), it is useful to drink a glass of any sour-milk drink at night. This will allow for easy emptying of the intestines and soft stools that do not injure the inflamed intestines.
An important point is the correction of the drinking regime, you need to drink at least eight glasses of liquid per day. It can be juices, compotes, fruit decoctions, herbal and green tea, mineral and ordinary drinking water. The lack of fluid in the body leads to the formation of solid feces and contributes to constipation, if it is consumed enough, the stool will be soft, and bowel movement easy, which is important in the presence of bleeding.
You should eat in small portions, five to six times a day with an interval of 2.5 to 3 hours. This will allow the digestive tract to work and prevent overeating.
As prophylactic measures to prevent bleeding with hemorrhoids, proctologists note the timely treatment of diarrhea and constipation, proper nutrition, contributing to regular bowel movements, the use of a large number of vegetables, fruits, dairy products.
An important point is the timely appeal to a specialist when the first adverse symptoms of hemorrhoids appear and the treatment of the disease in compliance with all medical recommendations. An active and active lifestyle, sports, long walks, therapeutic exercises will help to cope with the disease.
Why bleeds hemorrhoids
In men and women, the causes of blood discharge from the anus are the same. The main one is mechanical damage to hemorrhoids during defecation. With the development of the disease, the walls of the vessels become thinner and become painful. If a person eats spicy, smoked, fatty foods, then chronic constipation occurs. When moving along the rectum, solid feces damage the walls of blood vessels, which causes blood to flow. There is a short period of time between visits to the toilet, so the wounds do not have time to heal and are injured again. The more nodes are inflamed, the more blood goes.
If rectal bleeding is scarlet, then this indicates a violation of the integrity of the colon or rectum, hemorrhoids, and anal fissure. Blood comes out in small portions after stool. Defecation is accompanied by pain and burning, which persist for some time after emptying. Blood discharge is episodic in nature, blood loss is negligible.
If cherry-colored blood is released from the anus, this indicates one of the pathologies of the colon (ulcerative colitis, Hirschsprung’s disease, and others). Rectal bleeding of a dark red color indicates the presence of polyps or the development of cancer. Black discharge from the anus indicates pathology of the stomach.
If blood is clotted from the anus, this can be a manifestation of a malignant tumor, which is located in the distal colon. The cause of abundant clots may be the presence of a disease such as intestinal diverticulosis. The disease is not an oncology. Diverticulosis may develop in the colon or sigmoid colon.
What is the danger of bleeding with hemorrhoids
A large loss of blood during hemorrhoids can lead to fainting and anemia. If a person loses 50 ml of blood daily, then he will have weakness, dizziness, blanching of the skin. They will begin to resemble chronic diseases. In some cases, bleeding with hemorrhoids is so strong that it causes iron deficiency anemia. Bleeding of nodes is always a cause for concern, because they can cause many health problems:
- anal fissures
- malignant neoplasms.
Hemorrhoid treatment for bleeding
How to stop bleeding with hemorrhoids, only a doctor will say. When the first symptoms of the disease appear, you need to contact a proctologist. Timely examination and determination of the cause of hemorrhoids will help to choose the most effective method of therapy, to prevent the development of complications. If the intensity of the bleeding is low, conservative treatment using systemic and local drugs is used. In severe cases, when tablets and ointments do not help with hemorrhoids, they resort to surgery to stop anal secretions.
Being already a progressive stage of the disease, external hemorrhoids are treated in a slightly different way than the internal one. The degree of profuse bleeding, the existing symptoms, and the general condition of the patient helps the doctor to compose a therapeutic technique. The most effective are rectal suppositories, affecting the area of inflammation directly. Strengthen the walls of blood vessels called tablets that stop bleeding. If the patient has heavy bleeding with internal hemorrhoids, then he is placed in a hospital.
How to stop blood with internal hemorrhoids, the doctor will tell and prescribe a comprehensive treatment. With minor bleeding in the early stages of the disease, medication is costly. Of great importance is the correction of nutrition and the implementation of medical recommendations that prevent the deterioration of the condition and the reappearance of blood. These include:
- weight lifting exception,
- avoidance of heavy physical exertion,
- refusal of physical inactivity.
Treatment of bleeding hemorrhoids in the chronic course of the disease (stage 1 and 2) includes conservative therapy and minimally invasive techniques: cryotherapy, photocoagulation, latex ring ligation, sclerotherapy. These procedures do not require hospitalization and anesthesia, but with laser treatment or in the case of cryotherapy, general or spinal (epidural) anesthesia is needed. Surgical operations are carried out at stages 3-4 of the chronic course of the disease.
Systemic treatment, which is indicated for exacerbation of hemorrhoids and minor bleeding, includes the integrated use of the following drugs:
- Tablets for internal use. They eliminate venous congestion, quickly act on affected tissues, stop bleeding, and strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- CandlesThey stop the blood discharge, remove the symptoms of hemorrhoids (pain, burning, itching), contribute to the rapid healing of the mucous membrane of the anus.
- Ointments. Most often prescribed for the treatment of external hemorrhoidal nodes. Relieve inflammatory processes, strengthen rectal vessels.
If you ask how to quickly stop bleeding with hemorrhoids, any proctologist will answer that you need medications for oral administration. They also have anti-inflammatory effects, saving the patient from serious complications. The most famous for hemorrhoids with bleeding are Detralex tablets. In addition to eliminating blood secretions, the tablet preparation eliminates pain, swelling, and increases the tone of blood vessels. Possible side effects in the form of diarrhea, nausea, vomiting.
Ethamsilate is no less effective. It is prescribed to prevent the development of repeated bleeding. If the process has already developed, then after taking the tablets, it is quickly eliminated. The use of Etamsylate promotes the permeability of blood vessels, stimulates the blood coagulation process, normalizes the rate of platelet adhesion, without contributing to the formation of blood clots. Do not prescribe for bleeding caused by taking anticoagulants.
Although the use of local remedies is not prescribed for heavy blood loss, with minor blood secretions, ointments can improve the situation. To stop bleeding, drugs that have a hemostatic effect are needed. The most effective:
- Relief The main component is the shark liver, which helps the wounds heal, restores blood circulation. It is advisable to use Relief ointment with the first traces of blood on linen to prevent further complication of the disease. With prolonged use, an increase in blood pressure is possible.
- Proctosed. An effective drug of external action, which has a positive effect on blood vessels, stops bleeding, and prevents its recurrence. It contains the antiviral component framycetin sulfate, which protects wounds from infection by pathogenic microorganisms. Not prescribed for children under 14 years of age.
Another type of medication that stops bleeding with hemorrhoids is suppositories for rectal use. They stop blood loss and pain, promote tissue regeneration. More often than others, the following drugs are prescribed:
- Procto-Glivenol. Suppositories that have a strong venotonic and hemostatic effect. Reduce inflammation, swelling, normalize blood flow in the vessels of the anal area in the acute form of hemorrhoids. Do not use in the 1st and 2nd trimester of pregnancy.
- Proctosan. Hormonal rectal suppositories. A complex drug that not only stops hemorrhages, but also eliminates symptoms, prevents the development of complications, helps to achieve a long period of remission. Proctosan is contraindicated in the presence of tuberculosis, syphilis, a tendency to allergic manifestations and dermatitis.
- Troxevasin. Rectal suppositories, strengthening damaged vessels, increasing the elasticity of small capillaries. Troxevasin relieves swelling of the cones, normalizes the outflow of blood. It can be used by pregnant women. Contraindicated in concomitant pathologies with a risk of bleeding.
How to stop bleeding with hemorrhoids
If there is no way to quickly get to the proctologist, then bleeding for hemorrhoids is treated at home. First aid for spotting
- wash with cool water, put a cold compress in the anus,
- ordinary ice is suitable for the compress, which is wrapped in gauze,
- internal bleeding will help stop ice candles - pour herbal infusion or water into the cone and send it to the freezer until it freezes,
- ice compresses and suppositories can not be kept for more than 1 minute, otherwise the genitourinary system and pancreas can be frozen,
- you can stop blood with hemorrhoids at home with the following hemostatic drugs.
Effective pills for hemorrhoids with bleeding. This is a synthetic analogue of vitamin K, with a lack of which hemorrhagic bleeding develops in the body. The drug leads to normal blood coagulation. How to stop bleeding with hemorrhoids using Vikasol, you need to know. Drink 0.03 g (2 tablets) once, and per day - no more than 0.06 g (4 tablets). You can not take Vikasol with thromboembolism and increased blood clotting.
In addition to hemostatic (hemostatic) action, the tablets have a wound healing effect, which is important for damage to blood vessels in the anus. Dicinon strengthens the vascular wall, improves its microcirculation, reduces permeability. The hemostatic effect of the drug is due to the activation of thromboplastin (3 coagulation factor). To stop bleeding with hemorrhoids at home, you need to drink a single dose - 3 tablets and consult a doctor for further treatment. Contraindications:
- tumors of the hematopoietic system,
- hypersensitivity to the components.
It has a systemic and local hemostatic effect. It has anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, anti-infectious effects. To stop the discharge from the anus, it is necessary to drink tablets of 1.5 g 3 times / day. Tranescam should not be used if hypersensitivity to its components is present during subarachnoid hemorrhage.
Antihemorrhoidal ointment, which has an antiexudative, antithrombotic, moderate anti-inflammatory effect. Hepartrombin G promotes the regeneration of connective tissue, reduces painful symptoms in the anorectal region, improves blood coagulation in hemorrhoidal nodes. Ointment is applied externally: thin layers are applied to the affected areas 2-4 times / day. For rectal administration, a special tip is used, which is included in the kit. The following conditions apply to contraindications for the use of ointment:
- hypersensitivity to substances in the composition,
- swelling or fungal skin lesions,
- syphilis, tuberculosis,
- viral infections
- 1 trimester of pregnancy.
To stop the bleeding that occurs with thrombosis of the veins of the anus, an integrated approach is needed. In addition to a diet that excludes the intake of fatty, salty, spicy foods, you need to do baths, microclysters with medicinal herbs and other useful procedures. Many folk recipes help in this, for example:
- Tincture of calendula. Use as lotions and compresses. Its use helps to strengthen the vascular walls, prevents the occurrence of fistulas of the rectum. Prepare an infusion of calendula as follows: one tbsp. l dry inflorescences pour 100 ml of boiling water, leave for an hour, then strain. Apply the medicine on gauze, and apply to the inflamed nodes for 40-60 minutes 2 times a day.
- Candles from propolis. You will need: paper for molds, petroleum jelly, lanolin, cocoa butter 80 g and 20 g of beekeeping product. First you need to melt all the components in a water bath and mix. Then pour the mixture into funnel-shaped forms and refrigerate. It is necessary to use candles for the night, but before that release it from paper.
- Baths with a camomile. Soothe hemorrhoidal inflammation, have an antiseptic effect. First you need to brew fresh or dry chamomile flowers (2 tbsp. Per 200 ml of water). Then strain, cool to a temperature of 40-50 degrees. Buttocks should be immersed in a basin with broth for 15 minutes. It is necessary that the anus is washed by water. After the anus must be dried with a soft towel, greased with sea buckthorn oil.
First aid for hemorrhoids
The appearance of nodes in the anus, which cause pain and bleed, is associated with the development of hemorrhoids. This disease without appropriate treatment is fraught with serious complications, the most dangerous of which is colon cancer.
First aid for hemorrhoids will help alleviate the symptoms of the disease, but it can not replace the treatment. Therefore, after stopping unpleasant signs, you need to seek help from a specialist.
The specificity of hemorrhoids and its varieties
Hemorrhoidal manifestations provoke the expansion of the inner and outer layer of cells in the anus.
There are several classifications of the manifestation of the disease. The selection in separate groups depends on the form, time of development and severity of the pathology. Consider how the forms and periods of the disease, their characteristic features, develop.
The time period for the development of the disease in this stage can vary from 5 days to 2 years. Symptoms are mild. The patient has a feeling of the presence of a foreign object in the rectum, severe itching is noted in the anus. The development of discomfort, which indicates the presence of pathology, begins during a violation of the stool: constipation or diarrhea.
The transition to the acute stage is characterized by vivid clinical manifestations of the disease. Pathology is detected by excrement of feces with blood. Blood filling can be of varying degrees of intensity. Most often, this process is triggered by constipation after eating a heavy meal or large doses of alcohol.
However, there are frequent cases when the acute stage causes a sharp exacerbation, characterized by manifestations of the inflammatory process in the rectum, as a result of which hemorrhoids swell and contract. The patient has multi-day constipation. Attempts to go to the toilet are accompanied by severe pain due to intestinal injury.
If bleeding with hemorrhoids does not stop within 3 days, the disease goes into a chronic stage. Each subsequent appearance of bloody inclusions in the feces is considered an exacerbation of a chronic form.
It should be noted that the acute form of the disease is a one-time attack, the severity of the manifestation of which depends on the stage of hemorrhoids.
Causes of bleeding
The causes of the pathology can be easily identified using instrumental diagnostics.
If we talk about the types of hemorrhoids, then in the acute form of the disease, discharge may not be observed. Other factors will indicate the presence of the problem - protrusion of the nodes, itching, burning and pain. And in the chronic course of the disease, small bloody traces are always observed.
Blood allocation during hemorrhoids may appear due to such factors:
- Frequent or chronic constipation. The dense consistency of feces damages the intestinal wall. Including, and in the field of hemorrhoids.
- Frequent diarrhea. With diarrhea, the intestinal mucosa becomes inflamed and becomes thin. As a result, there is a risk of its deformation and bleeding.
- Circulatory problems (congestion). This leads to thinning of the vascular wall. As a result, erosions and cracks appear, which are injured during the act of defecation and cause bleeding.
- Long sitting on the toilet.
- Weight lifting.
- Anal sex.
- Straining during the birth process.
Manifestations of the chronic stage
During the chronic course of the pathology, 4 stages of hemorrhoids are distinguished, the characteristic features of which are presented in the table.
External hemorrhoids are one of the forms of development of the internal course of pathology. Its feature is the increased severity of symptoms and the complexity of the treatment. Therefore, you should not wait for acute pain with hemorrhoids, and at the first signs of the disease you need to seek qualified help. The doctor Koloproctologist deals with the diagnosis and treatment of hemorrhoids.
Factors provoking the disease
There are many factors that provoke the development of pathological processes in the intestinal walls. We list the most common of them.
- Sedentary lifestyle. Neglect of physical activity associated with “sedentary” working conditions, frequent presence in a static pose lead not only to exacerbation of hemorrhoids, but also to its appearance.
- Irregular nutrition associated with the abuse of smoked meats, salty and fried foods. Lack of fiber-rich foods in the diet.
- Frequent constipation, which are the result of malnutrition.
- Improper nutrition during pregnancy provokes the appearance of the disease. Many expectant mothers are susceptible to this problem, since a rapidly growing fetus puts pressure on the pelvic organs and intestines, which provokes blood stasis. Hemorrhoids can also appear in women during labor, when strong attempts contribute to the expansion of hemorrhoidal veins.
- With hemorrhoids in men, excessive physical exertion is most often the provocateurs of the disease.
The manifestation of an acute form of pathology with pronounced symptoms never occurs unexpectedly for the patient. It is preceded by a number of characteristic features that cannot be ignored. Therefore, with inflammation of hemorrhoids already in the initial stages of the disease, you need to urgently consult a doctor.
Conservative therapy involves the use of local medicines in the form of ointments, gels, suppositories or tablets. They not only eliminate stagnant and inflammatory processes in the rectum, but also soften the stool to facilitate the bowel movement, during which hemorrhoids are often damaged.
During treatment, suppositories whose active components are bismuth and zinc sulfate can be used. Suppositories and ointments with such a composition help to stop bleeding, relieve all manifestations of inflammation. The drugs of this group include the following drugs:
- Candles "Relief",
- Ointment and suppositories "Proctosan",
- Candles "Anuzol"
- Candles "Anastesol".
You can use tools that contain adrenaline, sodium alginate or methyluracil.
All medications in these series have contraindications and side effects. Therefore, their independent selection as a permanent treatment is prohibited!
Well-established medicines on a natural basis that help relieve pain, inflammation and bleeding:
- Candles "Prostopin",
- Candles with sea buckthorn oil,
- Candles with marigold extract.
It is forbidden to use herbal preparations in the presence of an allergic reaction!
Treatment is carried out not only with candles, but also with tablets. These include Chemoroidin and Phlebodia.
In the case of severe manifestations of pathology with frequent relapses, in which there is a high risk of anemia, doctors recommend the use of surgical intervention. During operations, hemorrhoidal nodes are removed.
To effectively get rid of the disease, experts recommend approaching treatment comprehensively, using medications, traditional medicine and physiotherapy.
There are a lot of folk remedies for hemorrhoids, but not all of them can be used without the consent of the attending physician.
As a hemostatic and astringent, decoctions of nettle leaves, calendula flowers and St. John's wort are used. For their preparation, a spoonful of crushed dry grass is poured with boiling water. Insist, filter and drink during the day like tea.
The best remedy for an unpleasant illness, according to the assurance of folk doctors, is homemade candles. To prepare them, you need to mix propolis and fir oil. Candles carved from raw potatoes cope well with inflammation.
Remember, if once the hemorrhoids manifested itself, it may reappear.Therefore, after treatment, you should reconsider your lifestyle and principles of nutrition so that the symptoms of an unpleasant and painful pathology do not bother again.
How to stop bleeding?
Do not worry much when detecting blood in the feces. This is one of the symptoms of hemorrhoids. It goes without saying that at home you can not cure hemorrhoids, but really stop the bleeding.
Modern medicine provides several options in order to stop bleeding during an illness. Hemostatic drugs are very widely used for this type of disease.
Such medicines are great for home treatment. There is a list of drugs that can stop bleeding from hemorrhoids on your own at home, namely:
- Phenylephrine candles. Their main property is vasoconstriction.
- Candles, which will contain tannin or bismuth. They have an astringent function.
- A drug with a natural substance to stop bleeding. The range of their properties includes hemostatic functions.
- Propolis candles. They give a healing effect.
Also at home, you can use special ointments prescribed by a proctologist. Such ointments in their composition must necessarily contain sea buckthorn oil, extracts of oak bark and nettle.
Important! Before embarking on self-medication, it is necessary to get a consultation from the attending physician and use the methods that he recommends. If you ignore the recommendations, you can get complications.
How to stop bleeding with hemorrhoids using conservative treatment? The first medical aid is considered to be an enema with a hemostatic drug. An enema has several positive qualities:
- promotes rapid regeneration,
- softens bowel movements
- the risk of injuring nodes in the rectum is minimized.
In order to prepare such an enema, you can add the following drugs:
- 1% tannin solution. After the enema procedure is completed, you need to lie on your back and put ice on your stomach. With the help of tannin, proteins coagulate in the body, while forming a thin film, thereby protecting the rectum from irritants. Relieves itching and pain. Inflammation is due to narrowing of the rectal vessels.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Painful sensations in the lower abdomen during bleeding, then an enema should be placed with a solution consisting of: 3% hydrogen peroxide of approximately 10 ml per 250 ml of water. Enema should be divided into four parts and pour only ¼ of the solution inside. The entire treatment procedure in this way continues for four days. At this time, you need a strict diet and it is not recommended to take solid food. In the case of the futility of this method, you must immediately contact a proctologist.
- It is necessary to make a decoction of such plants as: millennium, chamomile, calendula, blueberries, wheatgrass root. This tincture should be drunk without diluting.
The above listed decoctions are made in the form of lotions and baths.
If you seek help from a doctor, you should expect that he will recommend candles based on adrenaline or tannin. The method of treatment with suppositories is that they must be used twice a day, injected into the rectum.
It should be remembered that when bleeding occurs with hemorrhoids, this means that the nodes become inflamed, which means that the candle must be inserted carefully so as not to scratch them. Instead of suppositories, heparin ointment can be used to stop bleeding.
There are two types of intervention of proctologists during bleeding with hemorrhoids - this is operational and minimally invasive. The first thing that doctors will do is conduct sclerotherapy.
This method of treatment is used infrequently.The essence of this procedure is that a drug is injected into the node, which will cause the vascular walls to stick together. If you have an allergy, it is better to say this to the proctologist, since the injected drug causes an allergic reaction. If this method of treatment does not work, then carry out the following operations:
- ring alloying
- removal of the cones by the surgeon,
- coagulation with lasers,
You must adhere to all the recommendations given by the doctor, then the hemorrhoids will be cured quickly and easily and you will never again be bothered by bleeding.
Traditional medicine and its impact
How to stop bleeding with traditional medicine? With the help of traditional medicine, you can also stop bleeding with hemorrhoids. It is best to do lotions. The most effective remedy is tincture of calendula. It is necessary to purchase a tincture of calendula in a pharmacy and dilute it with water, after which make a lotion. Also, microclyster is made from such a tincture.
Among the popular methods of treating hemorrhoids, ice candles are also widely used. The main properties of these suppositories include stopping bleeding and narrowing of blood vessels. Candles of this type are made from decoctions of herbs or pure water, after which they are frozen.
Important! Using the technique of ice candles, it must be remembered that they are set for 10 seconds for the first time, the next time increases.
For tincture of wheatgrass root, you need to grind it and boil it. The crushed root is poured with two glasses of boiled water and put on fire, bringing to a boil, it is necessary to cook in this state for 10 -15 minutes. Allow to cool the tincture and take 50-60 ml for microclysters.
In order to make a microclyster of blueberry berries, two handfuls of the fruit are taken and poured with boiling water. The resulting mixture is put to boil and do it for 60 minutes over low heat. The broth should be allowed to cool, and then strain, squeezing the berries. The resulting tincture is brought to its original volume with water. A liquid with a volume of 50-60 ml is taken in use.
But the fastest and most economical folk way from hemorrhoids is boiled onion peel. Such a tool has an almost 100% guarantee of getting rid of the disease. To prepare such a decoction, you need to pour four tablespoons of onion husk with a sprinkle. Then leave the broth for a while.
Tincture should cool to such a temperature that you can sit in it. It is necessary to pour the broth into the toe and sit in it, to be in this position is necessary until the onion broth is completely cooled. When the procedure is over, you just need to wipe yourself off without washing off the broth. In order to see the effect of this method, you need to do 10 - 15 procedures.
Why does hemorrhoids occur? Causes
It is not customary to talk about hemorrhoids, since for many this is a delicate problem. Therefore, very often it happens that the ailment is diagnosed already in a neglected state.
The fundamental factors in the occurrence of such a disease include the following:
- lack of proper diet. Very often this ailment occurs in those people who have a problem - overeating. The use of a large amount of fried, fatty foods, sweets and smoked meats - soon provoke the appearance of hemorrhoids. If a person categorically refuses vegetables and fruits and does not add them to his diet, then this only aggravates the situation. Due to malnutrition, problems with the intestines soon begin, constipation occurs. Further, the picture is more unpleasant - increased pressure on the pelvic vascular plexus. The next stage is stagnation of blood in the pelvis, as a result of which there is internal hemorrhoids. At first, symptoms may practically not occur. However, over time, the symptoms become intense, and it is very difficult not to notice them. Low fluid intake can also cause ailment,
- sedentary lifestyle (the medical term is physical inactivity). The risk group includes people who neglect sports and lead an inactive way of life. Most people prefer a passive rest on the couch, rather than sports,
- increased physical activity. Hemorrhoids are often diagnosed in athletes who very often lift weights and experience physical activity,
- pregnancy and childbirth. Even such a physiological process as pregnancy, with subsequent childbirth, can overtake hemorrhoids. This is due to severe stress and increased pressure on the pelvic veins,
- alcohol abuse. Alcohol negatively affects the vessels, under its influence, they expand. Ultimately, an increase in blood flow into the veins of the pelvis.
Signs of internal hemorrhoids
The very first symptom is a feeling of discomfort arising from an act of defecation. At the same time, a person may feel some burning in the anus, bursting and itching. Sometimes the patient experiences a foreign body sensation in the rectum. It can be present both during the bowel movement and at the end of it.
The presence of pain in the abdomen, as well as rectal bleeding.
In some cases, the "exit" of the internal hemorrhoidal nodes to the outside is possible. Such a process is not always accompanied by pain, sometimes it does not exist or it is insignificant. The increase in nodes indicates an aggravation of the patient's situation. Significant vasodilation is noted, as a result of which there is a narrowing of the lumen of the rectum.
Why is narrowing dangerous?
There are problems in moving the feces to the anus. What does the patient have as a result? Constipation and discomfort. Excess stool provokes the appearance of pain, which is accompanied by irritation of the rectal mucosa.
In the case when the ailment progresses, the symptoms are somewhat modified. The patient complains of quite frequent spotting from the rectum. Blood flows simply in a stream, accompanies absolutely every act of defecation. Such a picture can accompany the patient for a long time. If you do not seek help, it is possible to provoke the appearance of anemia.
There are acute and chronic hemorrhoids. Each of them has its own characteristics. The acute form of the disease is characterized by the presence of inflammatory processes in the hemorrhoidal nodes, there are sharp, sudden pain in the anus.
Chronic hemorrhoids are accompanied by the release of scarlet blood at the time of bowel movement, a feeling of itching in the anus. Also, prolapse of hemorrhoidal nodes is noted. At such a moment, the patient complains of a feeling of having a lump outside the anus. If the situation is not yet running, then the patient can independently set the nodes "in place", sometimes they themselves return to their original position.
If the situation is more serious and the nodes swell, the process is accompanied by pain, pinching - then the help of an experienced and qualified proctologist is already needed.
Unfortunately, the patient seeks help only when he notices blood on toilet paper or its presence in the stool. These bleeding indicate internal hemorrhoids. It is unacceptable to ignore such an ailment.
Internal hemorrhoids are very dangerous for everyone's health. Its danger is in complications: nodular thrombosis and iron deficiency anemia. Thrombosis of nodes is characterized by the presence of severe pain. Eliminate which is possible exclusively by surgery. Anemia develops due to regular blood loss (hemoglobin deficiency).
The first way to get rid of such an unpleasant ailment is conservative. Treatment involves medication and diet. Do not self-medicate.Consultation with a specialist in this delicate matter is indispensable. After all, only he will determine the exact stage of the disease and prescribe the right drugs and choose a diet that spares the body.
The purpose of the diet is to combat constipation and soften the stool. Recommendations in this case are the simplest and most ordinary: regular meals at certain times, supplementing the diet with vegetables and fruits, drinking enough water, completely refusing to drink alcohol, do not abuse such favorite drinks as coffee and tea.
A few words about the medical treatment of the disease. The use of drugs prescribed by the attending physician can be both external and internal. Medications will help to somewhat stop the symptoms of the disease, provide invaluable assistance in the prevention of the disease, and prevent the occurrence of exacerbations after surgery.
In the process of treating internal hemorrhoids, the use of rectal suppositories is preferred. Such suppositories have a positive effect in the very first stages of the disease. If the patient's condition is already very running, then the candles will only slightly ease it.
Patients leave good reviews about such drugs as Anestezol, Ultraprokt, Relif Pro (relieve pain), Prostopin and Relif Ultra contribute to wound healing, relieve inflammation.
Any drug should be selected by a specialist. Otherwise, the situation can be irreversibly aggravated.
If the internal hemorrhoids are at a late stage, then the solution is one - surgical intervention. This is the only way to help the patient cope with such an ailment. The surgeon selects the optimal method: hemorrhoidectomy or transanal resection of the rectal mucosa.
In the first case, the operation is performed under general anesthesia. The surgeon performs the following manipulations: excision of some of the tissues that are located above the hemorrhoid. Then the leg is squeezed, a knot is cut out and the mucous membrane is carefully sutured.
Such an operation is fraught with complications. This includes problems with urination, bleeding, cracks in the anus, various inflammatory processes are manifested. There is a risk of the recurrence of such a disease several years after surgery.
The essence of transanal resection is as follows: circular resection of the mucosa with its subsequent suturing (specialists use titanium brackets for this purpose). Hemorrhoidal nodes do not touch, after the operation, they independently pull up. As a result, the blood flow to them decreases markedly, they soon overgrow.
Such an intervention is quite expensive, because it is not often used.
It is acceptable to combine drugs with traditional medicine recipes. A logical question arises: how to treat internal hemorrhoids with blood? From medicinal plants, you can prepare medicinal decoctions and tinctures that will help improve the patient's condition no worse than tablets.
Tincture of calendula often used for such an ailment. There are no special difficulties in the process of its preparation. Two tablespoons of inflorescences must be poured with boiling water and left so that the infusion is infused. Then strain it and the product is ready. It is recommended to use for microclysters and washes. Relieves inflammation and relieves a burning sensation.
Blueberry broth. Take two tablespoons of blueberries. Pour them with 200 ml of boiling water. Do not remove from heat, let the broth obscure for 30 minutes. Then remove the berries and add boiling water to get 200 ml of liquid. It is used for microclysters. A decoction helps stop bleeding from hemorrhoids.
Camomile tea. Also has proven itself in the treatment of internal hemorrhoids. 1 tablespoon of chamomile flowers is filled with 200 ml of boiling water.After 30 minutes, the infusion must be filtered and can be used for the necessary purposes: for setting microclysters or for lotions (if there is bleeding of external nodes).
Viburnum broth no less effective folk remedy. It will take at least 4 tsp. viburnum and 200 ml of boiling water. Cooking the broth is recommended for 30 minutes. After - strain it, no need to wait until it cools down. Add water to fill the product to a volume of 200 ml. It is recommended to use at least 3 times a day for 15 ml.
Features of first aid for the disease
What to do if you notice blood after an act of defecation? The most important thing is to calm down and not to panic. Bleeding can be stopped completely independently. But this does not mean that the visit to the proctologist needs to be canceled.
Bleeding in the early stages is often quite short and not very strong. Therefore, they do not pose any threat to life. Stopping the bleeding is not difficult.
It is recommended to perform the following manipulations:
- To collect cold water and wash it. Cold can significantly narrow blood vessels, causing bleeding to stop. Another option is cold lotions and compresses. It is allowed to use ice. But do not overdo it.
- Get and use any of the following drugs: ethamzilate, dicinone, Vikasol. It is not permissible to use them for a very long time. They are suitable only for emergency cases, but not for regular use.
These methods will help to “defeat” sudden bleeding. In order to protect yourself from further repetition of such an unpleasant situation, you should make a full diagnosis and quality treatment with the help of specialists in this field.
What is possible and what is taboo for internal hemorrhoids
With such a disease, it is necessary to seriously monitor nutrition. It is important to completely limit yourself in the use of those foods that provoke blood flow to the pelvic organs. Since because of them, nodes that are already damaged, simply can not withstand excessive pressure, bleeding eventually opens.
The following foods are prohibited: spices, smoked meats, various marinades, sauces (especially spicy), alcohol. It is also recommended to remove foods that provoke gas formation from the diet. This is cabbage, corn, radish. It is worth forgetting about kvass and sweets in any form.
A correctly selected and composed diet will significantly improve intestinal motility, make the necessary adjustments and normalize the digestive organs, significantly reduce the pain threshold during bowel movements, and forget about constipation. If you constantly adhere to a milk-vegetable diet, then you will soon notice that the symptoms and bleeding subside.
So what is better to add to your daily diet? These are apples, various berries, apricots. It is definitely recommended to use natural "laxatives" - raisins, dried apricots, prunes.
The daily menu is based on cereals (it is better to cook on water), meat and fish broths. Low-fat meats and fish should be preferred. Bread with bran will be useful for such a problem.
Mandatory adjusted drinking regime. It is important to drink at least. Eight glasses of liquid. It is not necessary that it was only water.
It is allowed to drink juices, compotes (from dried fruits), herbal and green tea, mineral water. If the body receives the necessary amount of fluid, then the patient’s stool is softer and there is no problem with constipation.
Bowel movement is easy, without bleeding.
It is recommended to eat food in small portions, at least 5-6 times a day. An interval of 2.5-3 hours is important. Such an approach will help to improve the digestion process as a whole and prevent the overeating problem.
There are many known methods and methods of treating internal hemorrhoids with bleeding.However, they will be most effective only when various provocative factors are completely eliminated.
It is necessary to adhere to the correct diet, pay due attention to the chair, give preference to a more active and active way of life. Be sure to include fruits and vegetables, any dairy products in your daily diet!
This is the only way to protect yourself from the manifestations of this ailment and its unpleasant symptoms.
Of particular importance in the fight against the disease is a timely visit to the doctor. Having noticed any unpleasant symptoms, a feeling of discomfort, you do not need to wait for everything to pass and leave no mention about yourself. The condition can be seriously aggravated. Therefore, do not neglect the advice of a specialist.
Do not confuse with other diseases.
Not only with hemorrhoids there can be discharge from the anus! Often, and with other problems in the body, bruising is diagnosed.
|Possible causes of bleeding||hemorrhoidal disease, anal fissures, ulcerative proctitis, skin excoriation, proctitis, condylomatosis, malignant tumor, prolapse of the intestine and mucous membrane, colorectal cancer, Crohn’s disease, polyps, vascular malformation, trauma.|
For hemorrhoidal discharge, the following features are characteristic:
- Dark blood is released first, and then it turns scarlet.
- Basically, after an act of defecation, the blood stops on its own.
- Hemorrhoidal bleeding does not appear at rest.
- Allocations occur with an increase in pressure in the veins (with the act of defecation, strong attempts, weight lifting).
If blood from the anus occurs at rest, and in addition to it, other secretions are additionally observed, then this indicates other diseases.
For example, these are signs:
- Malignant tumor.
- Polyps in the rectum.
- Anal fissure.
- Damage to the body of the rectum.
- The consequences of unsuccessful medical manipulations, etc.
If you have bleeding, then you do not need to immediately diagnose hemorrhoids. It is necessary to undergo an examination and find out what disease provoked the appearance of such secretions.
First Aid: How to Stop Blood
What to do at home? Important! Do not panic, gather your thoughts and take such measures to stop the blood:
- Rinse with cold water. The vessels at this time will begin to contract, as a result of which the hemorrhoidal nodes will decrease, and the bleeding will stop.
- Apply ice to the sore spot.
- Use hemostatic medicines. These are medicines with propolis, adrenaline, Relif, Troxevasin, Hepatrombin G, Vikasol rectal suppositories, etc.
- With constant or very severe bleeding, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Table: Clinical recommendations for bleeding hemorrhoids
Mild or moderate anemia.
Having stopped bleeding with hemorrhoids, a person is not cured of the underlying disease of the rectum. Long and complex therapy is required.
Therapy may be as follows:
- Conservative treatment: drugs, physiotherapy.
- Minimally invasive methods of therapy (laser therapy, sclerotherapy, cryotherapy) or surgical intervention (Longo operation, excision, deserterization).
Conservative treatment of hemorrhoids involves:
Medicines tone veins and blood vessels, reduce severe symptoms of the disease
- Stop bleeding.Tableted preparations or drugs for intramuscular administration are used (Vikasol, Ditsinon, etc.). Also, a hemostatic sponge is often applied to bleeding nodes.
- Acceleration of the healing of damaged nodes. Ointments and rectal suppositories are used. For example, “Proctosan”, “Methyluracil”, “Aurobin” ointment, etc. To reduce inflammation and stagnation of blood, troxevasin ointment, hemostatic suppositories or “Hepatrombin G” ointment, etc. are used.
- Strengthening the venous wall. Venotonic drugs are used. They increase the tone of the venous wall, eliminate stagnation of blood in the veins, reduce the extensibility of the wall. Popular means of phlebotropic action are Detralex and Phlebodia 600 tablets.
Russian proctologists prefer phlebotropic preparations that contain micronized diosmin and hesperidin.
Recent clinical studies in the treatment of hemorrhoids have shown that Detralex eliminates bleeding symptoms in 90% of patients. The drug was administered according to the scheme: 4 days at 200 mg per day, the next 10 days at 1000 mg.
To normalize stool, a diet is prescribed with the use of drugs with osmotic activity (husk of plantain seeds, lactulose).
Nettle broth saves from illness
Effective alternative methods of eliminating bleeding with hemorrhoids:
- Lotions with a solution of tincture of calendula. Dilute the medicine half with water, apply to the problem area. Microclysters can also be made from this solution.
- Homemade ice candles. A decoction of St. John's wort, chamomile is made. It is poured into a 2-cc syringe, in which the tip is cut off, frozen. The first time an ice candle is placed for 5 seconds, gradually the exposure time can be increased.
- Onion husk baths. Pour the husk (200-300 g) with half a liter of boiling water. Pour the broth into a small basin. When the water has cooled to a temperature of about 38 degrees, sit in a basin. Sit until the broth cools completely. After that, wipe off (do not wash yourself with water).
- Decoctions of oak bark with the addition of valerian and horsetail leaves. Pour two tablespoons of oak bark and 1 tablespoon of the remaining two components into a pan, pour 0.5 l of boiling water. Strain in a water bath for 30 minutes. Then insist for 6 hours. Strain the broth, use for microclysters, add to the bathtub or stage compresses. Decoction based on oak bark has a hemostatic, wound healing and astringent effect.
Treatment at home is best agreed with the doctor!
What do the doctor's say?
If the blood does not stop, then you need to immediately call an ambulance team. The doctor should urgently try all the methods to stop it. If conservative methods do not give positive results, it is necessary to transfer the patient to surgeons to perform minimally invasive surgery.
In Russia, an urgent method for stopping blood during hemorrhoids is often using the latex ring ligation method. In the future, doctors carry out the correction of anemia, which consists in the control and treatment regimen of the patient with drugs.
CONTRAINDICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE
CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR NEEDED